JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Really?

1654353705364.png

What am I missing here? The word "father" is now a problem for some? WTF? We have certainly had it too damn easy for too damn long. Can you imagine telling someone during WWII or the depression, some day your offspring are going to have a melt down over the word Fathers Day. :confused:

father's day is now racist because for a certain community, the majority have no idea what a father is which is why they are shooting each other up.

There is probably a story behind that push notification that we'll never know for certain. For all those that had abusive or negligent fathers [or mother's], there is a small percentage that want to inflict their hurt on everyone else within hearing distance by hosing down what little joy is left in these occasions. Somewhat to their credit, DoorDash provides an opt-out for all further messages. Maybe the subliminal message is 'we'd rather you were a former customer than deal with your fragile ego every time you discover a new trigger.' IMHO YMMV

I agree with everyone here 100%.

However, I grew up fatherless. And whenever a conversation brings up the subject of my "father" I find it difficult to figure out what to call that person. He's not a father. He's not a "dad". Sperm slinger, maybe? Makes some conversations awkward.

From my perspective, I actually appreciate this opt-out opportunity. However, we all know that's not what it is for.
Because I can't opt out of the constant gay pride symbols and content on my Google or streaming video services.
Google even allows you to opt-out of recommendations on my Google feed, so if "Mark W." from "Fenix Sun" makes a story about LGBTQ+ issues in 2022, Google will allow me to choose less content from "Mark W." or "Fenix Sun" or even "2022" but won't let me opt-out of gay messaging.

It is not about being offended, for some, it is about being reminded that your deceased parent is no longer around. The same notes have been put out for Mother's Day.
That "sounds" kind of strange to me but I suppose possible. Have they actually said that's what they were after? That some who have lost the loved ones did not want the reminder? Lost my Dad long ago on Fathers day of all things. When it comes around to me it just makes me think of the good times we had. I guess some could be not wanting the reminder but hell how many put loved ones in a Cemetery so they can regularly come "visit" them?

That "sounds" kind of strange to me but I suppose possible. Have they actually said that's what they were after? That some who have lost the loved ones did not want the reminder?
Yes - some have said that.

Mother's Day and Thanksgiving is the hard one for me; I lost my mom on Thanksgiving Day weekend after we had taken her to dinner.

Lost my Dad long ago on Fathers day of all things. When it comes around to me it just makes me think of the good times we had. I guess some could be not wanting the reminder but hell how many put loved ones in a Cemetery so they can regularly come "visit" them?
My parents and grandparents are buried in the cemetery at the base of the mountain that I live on - about 5 miles away. I do visit there from time to time. I pass by there and the family farm (now sold) every time I go into town. I am the last of my family to live in this farming community.

Yes - some have said that.

Mother's Day and Thanksgiving is the hard one for me; I lost my mom on Thanksgiving Day weekend after we had taken her to dinner.

My parents and grandparents are buried in the cemetery at the base of the mountain that I live on - about 5 miles away. I do visit there from time to time. I pass by there and the family farm (now sold) every time I go into town. I am the last of my family to live in this farming community.
Sorry to hear but at least you did get one last outing with her. Wife's mom is closing in on a century and is looking to be on her last trip around the sun. Wife is spending a lot more time with her as she is scared she is going to pass when she is not there. Not sure it will be any better is she is there when it happens or not but, at least she is making a point to spend a lot of time with her and her Mom remembers her. She does not remember many family now but at least does know her in her last days here. Wife is going to take it REALLY hard when she goes. :(

I've lost both my parents. Mother's day and Father's day don't bother me. I guess it may have given me some pause the first year or two, but I certainly wouldn't have an issue with a company celebrating it - it's a holiday.

Both my parents were a bubblegum show. To hell with both of them. That said, there's so many bullbubblegum "this" day and "that" day that I really don't even pay attention.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top