JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Just heard the Pensacola shooting was suspected to be terror related... an aviation student from Saudi Arabia was the shooter. 4 dead, 8 wounded?

Went thru Schools Command there back in '81 (AOCS,VT-10). Some Saudis had difficulty "adjusting" mostly expressed in alcohol fueled , high speed auto crashes at the front gate. This is the first attack I've ever heard of. Still waiting on confirmation.

The shooter was a Navy petty officer who had been standing watch when he used a service weapon to kill two civilians and wounded a third, according to a Defense official who was not authorized to speak publicly because the attack is under investigation.

https://news.yahoo.com/pearl-harbor-deadly-shooting-navy-212333645.html

Also.....I heard on the news earlier, that the PH shooting was due to a disgruntled sailor who was mad at his "commander". But so.....he shot up "civilian workers"?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Diversity is our strength.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.45.41 PM.png

Hmm.. flight school... are they learning to land?
Blame easy access to guns in 3..2..1..

Clearly no corollary to the easy access to drugs... they're banned after all.

How long can a nation survive this severe a case of Terminal Stupid?

Word I'm hearing from some old IP's who trained these guys, is flunking out of flight school is considered a major loss of face. Might just be revenge/suicide vice terrorism. Again, all speculation for now.

Last Edited:
Trump: Saudi king said Saudis are "greatly angered" by "barbaric" shooting

Saudi Arabia says its sorry and this isn't us

Florida's Republican Gov. Ron Desantis said the Saudis "owe a debt" following the shooting.

"Immersing international students in our U.S. Navy training and culture helps build partnership capacity for both the present and for the years ahead," Cmdr. Bill Gibson, the center's officer in charge, said in 2017. "These relationships are truly a win-win for everyone involved."
The majority of the hundreds of students who have participated in the program are of Saudi origin, according to the Navy.

Saudis have received training at the Pensacola site since the 1970s. There are usually around 20 at a time in any given class, often from the royal family, which has created some tension over the years, putting pressure on officials to pass pilots through the training program in an attempt to preserve diplomacy with the U.S. ally. Many US military pilots have complained that some of the Saudi pilots are not safe.

Almond status: ACTIVATED.

Can we just admit that helping foreign nationals for military gain isn't really helping us....It didn't work in Nam and hasn't worked since then either. Certainly isn't working in the ME, I can attest to that personally. Its also 50/50 if it'll work if they directly join ours for citizenship. just please end this already.

Why is the Active Shooter Response on a military base with combat veterans the same as a grade school?

Because military personnel are only trusted with guns in combat zones, it seems. God forbid that those who had to qualify with weapons in basic, and have to qualify with them annually actually, you know, have weapons handy. Any uniformed personnel should at least have the option, if not the requirement to have at minimum a sidearm on them at all times. Medical personnel in scrubs would not necessarily be armed, but anyone who works in utilities or a class B should have a sidearm.

The US military in all branches are adopting the new M18 or M17 pistols - why the hell are we spending tax payer money on a new handgun if only relatively few personnel get one? Spend the money - arm every soldier, sailor, airman, Marine, coastie, and security guard who works in a uniform or on a military installation. I can think of lots of programs that can be cut so that these personnel get 100+ rounds per month minimum for range time to stay competent with their firearms.

Some branches at least have at least started allowing on-duty MP's and security forces to carry chambered rounds in their firearms. The Air Force even issues hollow point rounds for their security forces. These shootings need to stop happening - and if these lunatics knew that almost everyone around them would shoot back - they would stop over night.

Every company office should have a weapons locker with 4 M4s or M9s and 8 loaded magazines. The officer of the day should have the key on his person at all times.

In a lock down the OOD would arm himself and 3 troops that he knows and trusts. Two troops would search the company area for any person who was not a member of their unit. These people would be taken to the company office. A MP van would collect these people and return them to their units.

The OOD would have his troops search their company area each hour and send an All Secure call up the chain of comand.

I just wrote a workable policy in 10 minutes. DOD has been working on this for 15 years

See both of those would be neat but the reality is they treat Guns and Ammo on base like water and electricity. Both are kept safely away from one another and only in certain circumstances are they ever close by.

We would get pallets of ammo sent to ranges, we never got to load up before going to a range. The only people with guns on post are the MP's and actual law enforcement. Usually just a side arm though I am certain they have access to more goods.

My likely best guess is that they want to prevent an uprising from the military via the people enlisting to have all the power, well good luck if you have neither or only one thing (the gun or the ammo NOT BOTH). All gates around post have dedicated guards that are armed with pistols. Certain they too may have access to a little stash but nothing major.

When the power would go out in our barracks we would have to take rotations doing guard duty at the arms room because its electronically locked and a small mechanical system that could be opened on hand. Usually company armorer has access via command from the CO or 1SG to open. In it were all the guns for the platoons but were all empty. I think there may have been a safe with maybe a mag or two for the armorer but im not certain.

Beings this was in upstate new york you can already imagine the strict gun laws outside of post as well. Most you could do was either get off post housing and store a gun there or use a buddys house as proxy or even storage units (yeah guys did this). We couldn't even have airsoft in the B's. Think you'll smuggle one and hide it in your room? have fun come room inspection day or maybe a random GI party. Not to mention lots of people near post have quick ways of finding out who your commander is and having communications with them or your Bat Co/CSM.

Last Edited:
I hear the head of moms demand action used this to call for more civilian gun control.

How would civilian gun control stop the government from issuing military personnel a service weapon?

And why isn't she more concerned that the Pearl harbor individual was a guard for a nuclear submarine so probably well vetted?

I'm afraid she might be mentally disabled.

The military I was in had a LOT of F'ups and losers in it , drug addicts, etc. At least 4 murders in the town I was stationed in in 3 years committed by soldiers one of whom I knew well. One guy even decapitated his wifes boyfriend and threw his head on her lap in the hospital while she was there to give birth to the other guys child. Those people. Lots of people who arent prepared for it getting really stressed out all the time. In a combat environment sure give them guns and ammo and point them in the direction of the enemy. Walking around garrison armed all the time? Sure but be prepared for more murders on base.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews