JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
I'm looking for a semi-auto home defense 12 gauge. I'd like a barrell under 20'' and a sporterized stock instead of a pistol grip. A benelli M4 super 90 tactical would be perfect! My knowledge of semi-auto shotguns is limited, so any input on reliability would be great too.
I might consider the right pump also, a mossberg 590a1, or a rem 870
I live over on the coast in Florence, but I am open to traveling for the right gun....
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a WTB section in the Classifieds, you may want to post an ad over there.

Also, Keith's in Gresham usually has a Benelli M4 in stock, I think it's around $1500. The M2 is just as good, and it's only around $1000 for a 18" pistol grip stock.

Have you checked out the Mossberg 930 SPX? Not nearly as sexy as a Benelli M4, but its Affordable semi auto goodness, shoots all shells I've put thru it w/ no prob (even ancient stuff I had from the 80's or 70's w/ cardboard housing!). Semi autos can be fussy about ammo so I have read & seen first hand shooting sporting clays. A guys fancy Beretta semi auto only made it thru about 1/2 the session before jamming every few shots.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.