Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR semi-auto shotgun

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by keith66044, Mar 10, 2010.

1. keith66044

keith66044 oregon New Member

Hello all,
    I'm looking for a semi-auto home defense 12 gauge. I'd like a barrell under 20'' and a sporterized stock instead of a pistol grip. A benelli M4 super 90 tactical would be perfect! My knowledge of semi-auto shotguns is limited, so any input on reliability would be great too.
    I might consider the right pump also, a mossberg 590a1, or a rem 870
    I live over on the coast in Florence, but I am open to traveling for the right gun....
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

We have a WTB section in the Classifieds, you may want to post an ad over there.

Also, Keith's in Gresham usually has a Benelli M4 in stock, I think it's around $1500. The M2 is just as good, and it's only around $1000 for a 18" pistol grip stock.

3. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I've got an 870 express magnum with 20" cyl bore and a 28" vent rib barrel. Parkerized finish and wood stock. Hardly been used. $350

4. keith66044

keith66044 oregon New Member

Have you got any pictures of the remington? I am a fan of the parkerized finish....

5. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I'll work on learning to put up photos tomorrow

6. ArmedUrbanArtist

ArmedUrbanArtist Eugene, OR Member

I would check out a Benelli M2 with Comfortech stock...

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Highly recommend the FN SLP MK 1. I love mine! Paid $750 for it about one year ago, from CDNN

I have the 22 inch version but there's also an 18 inch version. Lots cheaper than the HKs and Benellis, and is the NRA 2009 shotgun of the year

Here's the 18 inch in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa_7iFtiruU&feature=related

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

The 870 is a pump

9. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Have you checked out the Mossberg 930 SPX? Not nearly as sexy as a Benelli M4, but its Affordable semi auto goodness, shoots all shells I've put thru it w/ no prob (even ancient stuff I had from the 80's or 70's w/ cardboard housing!). Semi autos can be fussy about ammo so I have read & seen first hand shooting sporting clays. A guys fancy Beretta semi auto only made it thru about 1/2 the session before jamming every few shots.

10. dogstar

dogstar Oregon Member