JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to purchase a cheap 12 Guage to use as a trunk gun.
Interested in 870s, 500/590s, and maverick 88s.

Don't want to spend a lot. Looking for something not so pretty but 100% functional.

Located in eugene. Willing to drive a bit for right sale.

Look at pawn shops for the off brand older models.

I got a pump branded as a jc higgins from 1950ish that was actually made by High Standard (for only 2 years) and is a fabulous piece of machinery after getting it home and doing a little cleaning and polishing. I call her Honey cuz shes a race gun; I can hit 2 clays tossed at once most days with it.

$100 out the door. Just got to keep looking.

Thanks for replies. I like the mav 88 cuz parts are inerchangrable with M500 and it's US made.
How is HR compared to Mav 88? Does no one sell new Mav 88's anymore?

Thanks for replies. I like the mav 88 cuz parts are inerchangrable with M500 and it's US made.
How is HR compared to Mav 88? Does no one sell new Mav 88's anymore?

I would say, from my experience, the H&R is more robust, heavier built. But that doesn't make the 88 a bad choice. You wouldn't go wrong with any of them.

I picked up a 88 on sale at Big 5 for $200
It has the cross bolt safety like my 870.
I love me some Houge everythings.
I swapped the 88 one piece forend for the 500 forend from my daughters 500 HD 12.
(She said she had no intentions of modding her 500) so I ended up with a Mossberg "870 like" truck gun with the sweet Houge Tamer furniture for cheap.
If you want 12ga pump with max factory capacity for cheap; not sure you can do better.
Cheap enough to have a few around here and there and wherever you may need a 12. I'm just sayin.

Not a shotgun - but posted cuz your requirements seems to be cheap and US made.

SCCY
CPX-2 (-1 has a safety)
2x 14 round 9mm
US Made in Florida
Lifetime, no questions asked warranty.

Has different color grips if you need to customize it.

Under $250 out the door new.

It's not a 12ga but it is smaller and holds more ammo.

Don't look for one used - no one sells them once they buy them. I did luck out once though.

I need to email those folks - I keep plugging their guns for free...

Thanks for suggestion. I already have CHL and carry. Looking for something to go to in event of real emergency when sidearm won't cut it etc.

I just want a cheapie but reliable shotty or Ar/AK pistol of some sort that I don't need to worry about banging up etc

Don't want to spend a lot. Looking for something not so pretty but 100% functional.

Ithaca Clone

Have a YL-12 20" barrel which is the clone of the Ithaca model 37 for $200
Have NIB Citadel 12ga Defense for $250

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.