Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR: 17HMR

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Don H, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a nice .17HMR rifle to kill some sage rats. Savage, CZ, let me know what you have in the safe.

2. blaster1145

blaster1145 Oregon Active Member

There was a fella on here a couple months ago selling an Anschutz in 17hmr. I was tempted.

Don H likes this.
  3. Don H

Thanks, Blaster. That's most likely out of my price range. I plan to use my AR mostly but would like a .17HMR to mix it up. New Savages are not too expensive but there is so many models I don't know where to start.

4. blaster1145

I have a CZ 452 American that shoots really well, so I couldn't justify the Annie. Hard to go wrong with a Savage on pure function. Muy poco deniero. Happy hunting.

Don H likes this.
  5. Don H

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking at the CZ455 and maybe getting the .22/.17 combo. What scope do you have? I saw a review of the really inexpensive BSA Sweet 17 that made it sound decent but at the price I guess it's not much of a gamble.

6. blaster1145

I've never used one so I couldn't say. I've got a 4x Weaver and 2.5-7 Weaver that go back and forth between the 17 and CZ 22lr. Very good scopes, especially for the money. I've used a Leupold 4.5-14 VX3 in the past. Good scope but maybe over powered imho.

Don H likes this.
  7. Don H

Thanks for the info!

8. blaster1145

Sure thing.

Don H likes this.
  9. n2otoofast4u

n2otoofast4u Member

It was I that had/has the anschutz. I still have it, I've put a BSA on it now but still have yet to shoot it. Not sure I can bring myself to shoot a bunch of rounds through such a nice gun. I bought it because I hate the action of the savage but now worry its too nice for a rat gun. I think I'd sell it if someone was interested.

10. Don H

That's a nice rifle. Way more than I'm able to pay, but if I owned it, I'd shoot the heck out of it! That's what it's for, after all. Besides, even if you shoot it a lot, you're not going to lose that much and you'll sure enjoy the ride!

11. Greyw8

Greyw8 NW Portland New Member

Conversation started.

12. Don H

Thanks for all the help! Got a good deal on a CZ 455 combo, can't wait to hunt some sage rats. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.