Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB Lee 9mm dies

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by warren57, Apr 17, 2013.

1. warren57

warren57 Denver, Colorado New Member

Don't laugh, but I need a set of 9mm Luger dies. If anyone hears of a set please let me know.
    Thanks
    Warren

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

are you wanting only Lee?

3. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I've got a lee bullet seater die that I don't use if that helps.

4. warren57

Actually anything that will work with my Lee press. I don't know if other brands are interchangable?

5. warren57

thanks, I'll let you know, as I need all the dies currently.

6. Norwestr55

Norwestr55 Monmouth OR Deplorable Silver Supporter

You can use any brand of dies with your press. My personal preferences are Redding and RCBS but a lot of people swear by Lee.

ETA You might keep an eye on Lee Reloading Supplies | Reloading Equipment Lee Precision | Discount Reloading Supplies by Lee | Titan Reloading
    if nothing turns up here or other forums. They're a dedicated Lee dealer and get inventory in more often than other places.

7. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

And some people swear at Lee! But Norwester is right, all standard dies are 7/8" threaded, if I recall correctly. And I use Lee Carbide dies for .45 ACP, and they work fine. My personal preference is Dillon for the RL-550B, but I also like RCBS and also use Hornady, and have used Redding in the past. They all have worked fine, in my experience. And you certainly can "mix and match", as I use Lee factory crimp dies after I use the RCBS sizing die and the Hornady seating die for .223 ammo loaded for the AR-15.
    The one caveat I would say is definitely get a carbide (or Hornady Titanium Nitride) sizing die for pistol cartridges. It makes case lube unnecessary, although some guys still lube every 10th case or so. They must be even more OCD than I am!

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

9. Boat Captain

Boat Captain seattle New Member

Also lee factory sales. Not local but good prices, good inventory, and usually fast shipping.