Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB Hi point or other inexpensive handguns

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by feedyourhead, Jun 30, 2009.

1. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Salem New Member

I want to buy a Hi point or any other inexpensive handgun for my sister. She's scared of the area of her new apartment and wants some protection. Willing to pay around the suggested retail price for hi points. Would like to the gun to come with a few extras if possible. Let me know :)

2. feedyourhead

feedyourhead Salem New Member

bump

3. Topher

Topher Oregon City, OR Active Member

I own a Hi-point and I couldn't be happier with it. When I got it it would have a loading problem but with a little common sense I replaced the Clip and now its better then new. 500 or so rounds on new clip and i cant think of a single problem. Plus its super accurate. I like Hi-point because I have had first hand experience. Most people that dont like them have never owned one. Great gun for the price. Now comparing it to a Phoenix just isnt right. I own an hp22 aswell and that thing missfires all the time. Phoenix is unanimously known to have problems but hi-point is atleast 80% loved. LOL. Good luck!!

4. kerbyj

kerbyj Southern Oregon Member

Gotta give you that one, Topher. Most people who hate HiPoints have never owned one. Glad to hear yours did work out okay - with mine, the feed ramp was the issue.

On the otherside, my Phoenix has never exhibited a mis-firing problem, though it DOES seem to wear springs out pretty quickly.

Don't know if I'd stake my life on either of the two for that matter!