JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the officer on the scene determines you were impaired you can get a DUI for .01, absolutely! .08 is simply the legal limit at which they're compelled to haul you off.

I'm willing to bet on any given night 99.99% of the thousands who drive home after a couple of beers do so without incident. The penalty is far too severe in my opinion. The fines are not nearly in line with other equally dangerous activities like driving while texting, 'racing', or speeding.

DUI laws are a sham. The media and the politicos will exploit a tragedy to whip up the public every time. As gun owners we oughta be especially sensitive to that.

Oh don't get me started on street racing, I KNOW That is a very dangerous thing to do, even when compared to drinking and driving.

urv8sx.jpg

That was my last car, it had about 340whp in a 2700lb chassis. Much more dangerous to be driving that car at its full capabilities on a public road sober and the penalty I got for once having been caught doing that was a freakin $300 fine when I was doing 60mph in a 40mph zone trying to bait a camaro to race me. With weak fines like that, it almost encourages people to get into street racing, even though it is a very dangerous thing to do on public roads. My car had enough power it wasn't even safe to floor it getting onto the highway, couldn't imagine if I added more power to it.

Then Im driving the same as I do sober but get a random pull over, cop detects alcohol and I get hammered.

You are better off to be texting and driving, and street racing at the same time without a seatbelt on than to be drunk.

It really depends on how drunk you are, it snowballs, but in the initial stages such as 1 beer in a 2 hour period, its not that bad. But you can get an alcohol related driving charge for as little as .03 in Missouri.

Furthermore the cops seem to not like handing them out for my brother. My brother has been pulled over a minimum of 5x with alcohol in his system, not once was he arrested. I get pulled over one time with alcohol in my system and I get arrested.

My brother totals a car texting and driving, the cops laugh and drive off. go figure.

If a cop ever asks me if Ive been drinking, Ill just tell him I wouldn't want to say anything that might incriminate me in a court of law and leave it at that. It is not your job as a citizen of the US to make the cops job easy or be at his mercy on whether you get dicked over or not.

Well, thought I'd give you guys an update on the resolution, I hired Mr. Thuemmel and in the end charges dropped and I'm good to go.

I followed your thread here, it's a shame you needed to PAY $$$ to get this off your back. What a waste of time and money, not to mention the emotional toll.

Lake Oswego, phhttt!

Mike

Well, thought I'd give you guys an update on the resolution, I hired Mr. Thuemmel and in the end charges dropped and I'm good to go.

Congratulations. There's not much that's worse than being falsely accused of something and then having to put your money up against the government's money to defend yourself, even when you win.

I'm about 50/50 on cops. I hate about 1/2 of them, and appreciate the remaining good ones. Trouble is, if you run up against just one bad one your life can turn to hell for awhile.

The arresting officer should be required to drive a Miata for life as punishment. :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top