JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
Seattle
State
Washington
I am in market for used car and I have funds in my saving account. For the last week or so I have been looking on craigslist, but I could not find anything. My requirments for the car are:

1) Must be AWD or 4x4 (small SUV or Subaru) and 4 or 6 cylinders (e.g. Toyota 4runner or Tacoma, Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester or Outback)
2) Under 120,000 miles
3) Clean title and not more than 2 owners. Your name must be on the title. I am not interested in buying cars from resellers (I am sorry if your uncle or relative just passed away and signed the car title on their dead-bed. I
do not buy these stories)
4) Car has been in the Northwest or West USA all its life (not interested in cars from rust-prone regions)
5) All service record available including preventive maintenance
6) Car has never been in a serious accident and CarFax report is clean
7) Owner must allow me to take the car to a mechanic for inspection (I would pay both for inspection as well as for owners time)

I am not a low-baller and I am willing to pay a good price for a car that meets my requirements. I am not in a hurry, so I have time to look around. I live in Seattle and would prefer some local deal.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hey Dan,

Decent private party used vehicles get snapped up pretty quick these days. We wound up finding two certified used vehicles through AutoNation franchises, there's AutoNation Ford, a AutoNation BMW, AutoNation Honda, etc. The good thing is there's no haggling, the price you see is the price you'll get plus there's generally a Carfax report online you can check out even before going to the dealership. Not a fan of dealerships in general but these are tough times in a sellers market.

Good luck buddy.

Hey Dan,

Decent private party used vehicles get snapped up pretty quick these days. We wound up finding two certified used vehicles through AutoNation franchises, there's AutoNation Ford, a AutoNation BMW, AutoNation Honda, etc. The good thing is there's no haggling, the price you see is the price you'll get plus there's generally a Carfax report online you can check out even before going to the dealership. Not a fan of dealerships in general but these are tough times in a sellers market.

Good luck buddy.
Thanks for the advise. You are right, good cars go like candies. I found an old Subaru Outback (6 Cylinders) with about 170,000 miles, but it had only 2 owners (1st in Colorado and the current owner here in WA), extensive service record including complete engine rebuilt (head gasket, timing belt, water pump, etc) at 145,000 miles. I test drove it and it drives great. I am taking it to a Subaru dealership tomorrow morning to check it out, and if there are no any major problems, I will take it. The price is a little bit on higher side, but the car has all service record and over $8,000 put in it in the last 30,000 miles (rebuilt engine, complete front/rear brake job, new radiator, transmission and differential service, all 4 shocks, CV boots, etc).

I got the Subaru. Mechanic did not find any major issues with it. Pressure in all 6 cylinders were good and there were no signs of head gasket leaks. Transmission and AWD are all smooth. Just 3 minor repairs that Subaru quoted $1,270 (these repairs are not urgent). The guy lowered the price by $1,000, so I got the car.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.