Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB .243 for the Youngster

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by mrv, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mrv

mrv Portland, Oregon, United States New Member

I'm looking for a .243 for my daughter for next years season. I want to get her use to shooting it this year. I have some trading stock. Shooting for the $300 range. Thanks

2. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Nitestocker had a nice Remington M600 Mohawk in the classifieds. They do hold some collector value, so if she took care of it, 4-5 years from now you could probably get your money out of it. I'd be talking to nitestocker, but I'm awfully flush with .243's right now. Good compact light gun for the ladies and kids. Incredibly accurate too.

Nitestocker: no charge for this service.:)

3. shlo812

shlo812 Centralia/Chehalis WA Member

Marlin makes an XS7 in 243 and it comes in a youth model too. These can be had brand new for right around $300.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Is this a classified or are you looking for advice on where to buy one?:confused:

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My wife has both a 243 and a 7mm-08 (neither for sale, sorry). The 7mm-08 does not seem to kick any more than the .243 and I believe it is a more lethal round. I almost bought the .260 Rem, but decided on the 7mm. All of these have very little kick and if you think that the daughter may keep the gun and eventually hunt for more than just deer, you should consider the larger calibers. If deer is your only thought though, the .243 is a great pick.

my .02 :thumbup:

6. bijan

bijan pdx New Member

I have a ruger stainless used very little use with leopold 3x9 which i sell for 420.00