JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You got the heartburn
That was the thing! These tamales were certified heartburn-free! I could a brazillion of 'em!

Brazilian blonde.PNG

It's true but I won't be able to feed all these animals without their recently repriced bird seed--I feel like a guilt donation to 2nd Amendment groups helps atone for the evil
Totally understand. I have an REI MasterCard issued by US Bank. I used to do a fair bit of rock and alpine climbing, high-altitude mountaineering, long-distance backpacking, skiing, whitewater kayaking, etc. that had me well within REI's demographic and target audience. So, REI offered me the card long before all of the more recent (2018 onward) virtue-signaling. After the Parkland high-school shooting in 2018, REI dropped Vista Outdoor as one of their suppliers. Vista also makes ammo, among other things, for the shooting sports. Welp, you could see the virtue-signaling on the wall...

The card gives me a 5% cash-back benefit when I buy stuff at REI, which I still occasionally do if it aligns with my shooting or camping gear purchases, and a 3% cash-back benefit on stuff that is not purchased from REI's stores/online marketplace. So what was I to do...?? Well, I figured out that I could buy a $hit-ton of shooting stuff/ammo with that card, and use the cash-back that REI sends me to buy even more gun-related stuff, and have REI pay me to buy it! :s0140:

So, I spend somewhere between $15,000 to $20,000 on that card every year, on average, and REI sends me a dividend cash card at the end of the year that I can use to buy guns, ammo, targets, holsters, etc. The part I like is that they are paying me to buy stuff that they hate. And since I pay off the card every month no matter what the balance is, US Bank never gets any interest from me, either. It's a win-win for me! :)

With my cash-back dividends over the past 5 years, REI has bought me (at the very least) :
a Remington TAC-14 shotgun w/detachable box mag,
a SIG P365,
two WMLs (SureFire and Crimson Trace)
several AR 80% lowers and LPKs,
at least 3 AR uppers,
innumerable magazines for various firearms,
hundreds of USPSA cardboard silhouette targets,
thousands of rounds of ammo,
hundreds of dollars of donations and gift memberships to NWFA :s0116:
and I don't know what all else. :rolleyes:

And the fact that REI has since lifted their ban of Vista Outdoor products, I don't feel so bad keeping the card and buying stuff from REI anymore. :cool:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR