JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't look for it, Taylor. You may not like what you find.
- Dr. Zaius, Planet of the Apes (1968 movie)

snippet:

Minneapolis residents in some areas still recovering from rioting and unrest are forming community watch and security groups, some bearing firearms, to fight a surge of crime in the wake of the George Floyd killing in May. At least one neighborhood has put up barricades to keep away outsiders.

The moves come as the city council on Friday approved its first permanent cuts to the police budget, amid calls to defund the department and generally lower tax revenue due to the economic strain caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The $193 million police budget will be cut by $10 million, including making permanent some temporary spending measures—including a hiring freeze—put in place in June. Around $1 million from the police budget is being shifted to a program called Cure Violence that tries to prevent things such as retaliatory shootings through community engagement.

The council had initially backed the idea of supporting the community watch groups with money for things like T-shirts, walkie-talkies and training, but that didn't end up in the final budget.

Ah, people arming and defending themselves, in the absence of police. It's music to my ears. Bye-bye, gun control!
Ooppss... Looks like the left has made a grievous error in their rush to defund/disband the police...

More and more Amerikans arming themselves, in the light of less police protection... Imagine that...

Be careful what you ask for. :s0140:

Because t-shirts and walkie-talkies will reduce violent crime?:rolleyes:
Not at all,its more like they want to listen in on the radio conversations to use them in court after they arrest them in their easy to identify t-shirts.
I'd tell the city to stick both items where the sun don't shine.:mad:

Because t-shirts and walkie-talkies will reduce violent crime?:rolleyes:
No, because it gives the city some CONTROL over the patrols. First they give out the shirts, then you have to ask for the shirts, then they require them to have shirts, then they don't have the funding to supply shirts and you can't have patrols without shirts and by then most people have given up.
Anything and everything these sad sacks do is about power and control!!:mad::mad:

I had to do the job of my local police.

And all I got was this stinking T-Shirt !

E99B6265-3B77-40E1-BE39-F926C4CB4307.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews