JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw that The High Road had a letters thread in their activism section and I did not find anything similar here so maybe it's about time we did (if I missed it, perhaps the mods would be so kind as to merge this). Share your letters here and send as many as you can as often as you can.

Senate contacts: U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Find your Representative: Find Your Representative · House.gov

Oregon State Contacts: <broken link removed>

This is what I sent, feel free to use and change at your discretion;

Dear Senator ----,

As a resident of the State of _______ and a firearms enthusiast I am writing you to express my grave distress about the Honorable Senator Feinstein's upcoming proposed legislation concerning a firearms and magazine capacity ban.

The summary of the proposed legislation found on the Honorable Senator Feinstein's website shows that it is a rewrite of H.R. 3355 –Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 with some disturbing additions. These alarming additions to the current bill will make millions of currently law abiding citizens into potential criminals with the stroke of a pen should it be passed. During the time that H.R. 3355 was an active law and after its sunset in September of 2004 there was no statistical indication that either its enforcement nor its sunset had any measurable impact on crime as the crime rate has continued the trend of dropping since its enaction and after its sunset. The Honorable Senator Feinstein's assertion that a new ban will reduce the rate of murder and violent crime attributable to semi automatic rifles and 'high capacity' magazines is logically flawed and has no statistical evidence to corroborate it.

I urge you as my representative in the United States Senate and as an American to vote no on this bill.

Sincerely,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top