JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have experience with wrist rocket sling-shots? They are inexpensive and there's a lot of "ammo" just laying around. I've been fooling around with one for a while, and can keep a "minute of bunny rabbit group" at about 15 yards. I keep a couple in my "bug out box" along with a supply of steel ball bearing "ammo" for those quiet moments.

i think my wife said my grandfather-in-law used to cap ducks with one. 6mm steel shot comes to mind... i've actually never tried one before, but it seems like good fun, if you've got absofreakenlutely nothing else to do... :cool:

I'm on an acre,settin' about midway,and my neighbor has a green house about 150 yards away.I had some crows out back that I wanted to take a crack at.I grabbed a nice rock,say thumb nail size,and almost hit the greenhouse.(may have and nobody saw the hole)

And google arrows from a sling shot.Guys are hunting hogs in Hawaii with them.

YouTube - ‪Sling Shot Wrist Rocket with an Arrow Shooting a Deer‬‏

The best $20 one can spend. If neither of us have guns or other weapons and I have a slingshot, you are screwed. Ie, when the ammo finally runs out something (at mid range) is better than nothing.

Wrist Rockets are LOTS OF FUN! I am quite accurate with mine, and it is surprising how good that can be and at what long range. I prefer to use marbles for shot---nobody would guess that it was from a slingshot if found. These are fun for keeping animals out of the yard. Also good for dealing with annoying loud parties at night at the neighbors house! A head shot will knock out a small animal---I had a neighbor with a flock of semi-wild chickens, and when he wanted one he would just knock it out with his slingshot...........................elsullo

I remember making my own sling shots out of forked tree limbs and innertube rubber. I remember I thought I was such hot chit when I finally got a wrist rocket. We had a couple of Crabapple trees in the back yard so during the Spring and thru most of the Summer we had an endless supply of "ammo". You'd be surprised how much it smarts when a Crabapple smacks you in the back.

I had a cranky neighbor on a houseboat that hated speeding boats throwing a large wake so he'd use his wristrocket to shoot ice cubes at them. Ice cubes = no evidence.

When I go camping I like to take my portable ham radio with me. A wrist rocket and a fishing weight make a great way to get an antenna wire up in the trees.

Hadn't thought of shooting empty .22LRs. That sounds like fun!

When I go camping I like to take my portable ham radio with me. A wrist rocket and a fishing weight make a great way to get an antenna wire up in the trees.

Hadn't thought of shooting empty .22LRs. That sounds like fun!

come to think- tree climbers sometimes do this too. soem of those guys use little mini crossbows to get up into 100-300' redwoods and such

definitely not a bad thing to have in the BOB. i'm already planning to get one now that i saw the wrist rocket arrow vid..

When my brother and I were just kids, we had a next door neighbor lady who absulutely despised children. One time I threw one of those little balsa wood gliders you could get as a kit and if happened to land in her yard. She was in the back yard and looked at me, picked it up and crumbled into pieces right in front of me and my brother. Needless to say, the war was on!

We had a bunch of cracker balls left over from the 4th of July so we spent the next half hour popping one on her door every so often with our slingshots. Boy she was pizzed! When my Dad found out about it he gave us a stern talking to, but I'm pretty sure on the inside he was saying "Way to go boys.".

come to think- tree climbers sometimes do this too. soem of those guys use little mini crossbows to get up into 100-300' redwoods and such

definitely not a bad thing to have in the BOB. i'm already planning to get one now that i saw the wrist rocket arrow vid..

I don't know how many vids you watched,but a couple guys make dedicated for arrow wrist rockets.Not much different really.I think a little rest or such.
Never really thought of the survival aspect.May just have to get another for the truck.
I did talk to a guy who used them quite a bit on quail.Said you get down low and shoot through the whole flock,cause you'll need a few for a meal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top