JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was running the sling shot station this past weekend at boy scout camp with my son and couldn't help but notice how many grown men did not know how to even hold a wrist rocket let alone shoot one. Not tootin my own horn but I'm good enough that I was calling most of my shots. This means that there children are not getting properly educated in simple weaponry, or just not able to be a normal boy. I grew up with one in my pocket right next to a pocket knife.

I keep a couple ready to go near my deck overlooking the driveway. Great alternative weapon that can keep someone at bay. An old man once taught me to keep ice cubes on hand also. "No evidence" :)

It is one of the few things we pee-ons are allowed to 'shoot' on our own property, even in the city. (Just saying that out loud is so sad)

I have one wrist rocket outfitted with a 500 lumen light on it - I can help but to mod even a sling shot hahaha.

... and yes that is a disco ball. Every adult should have one.

Slig shot.jpg

Slig shot.jpg

Cats, rats and bats
Well not bats really. They're harder to hit than dragon flies.
I've got several. My favorite is an old folder. And steel bearings. One on the fridge by the back door, and on a shelf by the front door.

Camping with grandkids this summer, we introduced two of thier freinds/camping guests to wristrockets. Friday night one boy whined that his smartphone didn't work out there - umm, yeah, that's kinda the point of being out here.
After Saturday's morning's introduction, then graduation from static targets to moving he didn't even look at that phone again. By Sunday he was better at 3 shot rapid fire than me.
I reminded him to ask his mom BEFORE he went and bought one - show her that you learned how to be safe with it.

Related subject: Sling Bows.
Anyone have experience, good or bad?
Have seen instructions for a variety of home made versions from simple to silly. Plus several manufactured or accessory versions that are trying to make their fortune. With some of those prices they are trying to make their fortune quick.
How to make a sling bow with modifications to a regular sling shot. - Survivalist Forum
Amazon.com: Build a survival slingshot slingbow

SLINGBOW STORE

How to make a Sling Bow - YouTube
saw one article on where a guy in a tree stand in Hi. took out a pig

If guns are all taken away from private hands at some point - and many of us believe it is a certainty - then you need to have 'something'. Not to fight the man, but to battle the other pee-ons trying to victimize you.

Slingshot, knife, pepper spray, club, bow, crossbow, whatever.

I believe that a man should be reasonably proficient with all types of weapons. Pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, edged weapons, wrist rockets, whatever you can get your hands on. Learn to throw a knife and t-hawk. Make an ancient slingshot rock chucker. Have shot arrows with my w.r. Would definetly do in a pinch.
Silent but deadly.

I took out a rattlesnake on the Deschutes river with my slingshot. We were on a Boy Scout trip I was 13. Im 40 now and still have the skin from that snake rattle came off and was lost long ago.

Thought about getting a tablet; the Google Samsung Nexus 10. Been bad mouthing tablets for too long though! :) I know people seem to love their Kindles and other tablets.

Getting a Samsung Note 3 mobile phone - I could read off that thing, almost 6" screen.

I don't get excited about techie stuff like I used to, but I sell Samsung phone systems so I get a lot of stuff for free, or close to free.

If guns are all taken away from private hands at some point - and many of us believe it is a certainty - then you need to have 'something'. Not to fight the man, but to battle the other pee-ons trying to victimize you.

Slingshot, knife, pepper spray, club, bow, crossbow, whatever.

I'll be dead most likely gone from this world the way I came in - screaming while covered in someone else's blood.

On wrist rockets: I remember very well walking up to the local Wigwam store on Sandy Blvd. just up from Giant's Gym and next to Bills Steak House (all beef, no bull) in Parkrose where I grew up. I took it straight to the slew and fired a bunch of rocks at the carp I could see meandering along the bottom. Didn't take long and I was soon a good aim, picking off various birds. Then my uncle caught me and taught me you eat what you kill. Anyone ever eaten American red breasted Robin? Haha!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top