JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How in the **** is it that the Army Corp of engineers cannot do what this dude did?? He did it with minimal money and help of friends and family, the government has unlimited funds and still can't get it right!!

If I was Russell I would dump out the sand bags in place. Grade out berm to smooth it up and plant the longest root grass seed I could find with some sort of low level hemlock ground cover. Leaving only the entrance way to be filled in should the river come knocking again. With a lot less work then trying to clean that mess up and return the yard back to original condition he could make it look real nice and be functional in a few hours.

How in the **** is it that the Army Corp of engineers cannot do what this dude did?? He did it with minimal money and help of friends and family, the government has unlimited funds and still can't get it right!!

I know, I cant figure that out either. Makes you wonder how the walls along the Columbia would do if things got REAL bad. It would be possible too, if you have a big cold spell to freeze the ground for about a week or two, than another big snowstorm like we had in 08', then finish things off with rapid warm up and heavy dose of Pineapple express (5-6 days straight of heavy rain). We got pretty lucky in 08' because it was a slow warm-up.

If I was Russell I would dump out the sand bags in place. Grade out berm to smooth it up and plant the longest root grass seed I could find with some sort of low level hemlock ground cover. Leaving only the entrance way to be filled in should the river come knocking again. With a lot less work then trying to clean that mess up and return the yard back to original condition he could make it look real nice and be functional in a few hours.

I was thinking the same thing. He put all that work into it and the flooding seems to happen more and more, might as well leave it in place.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top