JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Governor Kasich Signs Bill Legalizing Campus Carry in Wake of Ohio State Car, Knife Attack

On Monday Ohio Governor John Kasich (R) signed Senate Bill 199, thereby legalizing concealed carry on college and university campuses where school trustees vote to allow it.
SB 199 also removes a state ban on concealed carry in the public areas of airports and on carrying guns for self-defense at daycares. The status of concealed carry at daycares is now in the hands of individual business owners, who can decide whether to allow concealed carry at their respective businesses.

Cleveland.com reports that SB 199 "also prohibits employers from banning concealed handgun permit holders from bringing guns into company parking lot." The various aspects of the new law take "effect in 90 days."

Breitbart News previously reported that Ohio lawmakers responded to the November 28 Ohio State University car and knife attack by placing campus carry language in SB 199, then passing the bill by large margins. Buckeye Firearms Association reported that the legislation passed in the House by a vote of 68-25 and in the Senate by a vote 22-8.

Kasich's decision to sign SB 199 was opposed by Moms Demand Action, a Michael Bloomberg-funded gun control group staunchly against allowing students to be armed for self-defense. Moms Demand's Michelle Mueller said, "Governor Kasich ignored the concerns of law enforcement, business leaders, gun violence survivors, moms, daycare providers, campus stakeholders and students." She added, "By signing Senate Bill 199, Governor Kasich is siding with gun lobby interests over public safety."

Mueller did not speak to the safety of the unarmed students who were attacked with a car, then chased by an Islamist with a butcher knife on OSU's campus on November 28.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and host of "Bullets with AWR Hawkins," a Breitbart News podcast. He is also the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected].

students-college-campus-carry-AFP-640x480.jpg

Folks should be able to protect themselves as they see fit to do so.
Maybe the colleges who allow concealed carry , could offer a firearms safety / instruction / history course as an elective?
Andy

We want more Liberty. The law didn't mandate everyone to carry, only makes it an option. Sad the snowflakes can't figure this out.

Bloomberg burning more dollars in an effort to control the populace... Happy to see his monies wasted in Ohio, wish I could say the same for the left coast...

The sad reality is Oregon and Washington will slip into the Kalifornia sh!thole... So sad...

Plenty of Pissed off Progressive Professors... If I had a kid headed off to college this would be a factor
But you repeat yourself... in my experience, most Progs are perma-pissed about absolutely EVERYTHING. (I've even had liberal profs who weren't All-Hating, the difference was they didn't identify as "Progressive Wing.")

Bloomberg burning more dollars in an effort to control the populace... Happy to see his monies wasted in Ohio, wish I could say the same for the left coast...

The sad reality is Oregon and Washington will slip into the Kalifornia sh!thole... So sad...

Well pockets of them will, I suspect many won't comply. :)

There is nothing we can do to avoid the bloodbath against us by our legislature and Governor. The best we can and must do is to go kicking and screaming every step of the way and make nothing easy for them.

It doesn't matter that we can't change the near term damage they are about to inflict on our freedoms, they need to see us. We need to respond after the session ends with an agenda and start to take our freedom back. This includes initiatives, recall efforts, and court challenges. They are against the momentum of the rest of the US.We will get a court that WILL support our rights, all of them.

If we want a free Oregon nobody is going to give it to us. WE will have to do the do ourselves.

Oh NO! There will be blood in the streets! And classrooms! And campus safe spaces! :)

This is surprising, given how Katsh*t screwed us over in '94... the ONE "Republican" who voted for the Clinton Gun Ban.

Probably figured out it was a losing issue. Stuck his finger into the wind...

Although I wonder, is it the same Kasich? There's more than one?

But you repeat yourself... in my experience, most Progs are perma-pissed about absolutely EVERYTHING. (I've even had liberal profs who weren't All-Hating, the difference was they didn't identify as "Progressive Wing.")

Aint that the truth. The far left seem to constantly be constipated over something. Even when they win they act like they are sick. Damnedest thing to watch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top