JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I the only one? Or did I just put this in too limited a sub-forum?

I'm not sure why shotguns have fallen so far out of favor. I even think the inclusion of shotguns is a major reason why 3-Gun has been on a down-swing.

After so many folks got into the new sport, they figured out how crazy hard it is to keep it loaded during a stage. Everybody's times are almost completely dependent on speed of reloading that stupid shotgun.

That's why I'm so interested in this shottie as an Open division part of my 3-Gun load out.

In this case a picture may help? :s0155:

VR80_rightprofile.png

It looks to have a $699 MSRP.

Apparently, the stock and grip can be removed with one screw and standard AR-15 stocks will work as well as standard AR-15 grips. 5rd mags are standard, but there will be a 19-rounder available, too.

Michael Bane says a birdie from the company whispered in his ear that a competition model will be following shortly in March.

*not me and not my video*

AK style shotguns don't do too bad... there are also a few AR style shotguns out already made by different companies..nothing new.

And for the more traditional semi auto's there are some custom speed loaders out there to ram 4 through the load gate at once.

One does not tend to carry speedloader tubes, but an extra mag could go into a pocket. I'm talking about real life, though, not 3Gun. For 3 Gun, probably an X-Rail would be even better than box mags.

But this one really runs

I don't know.

I'm kind of one for an all inclusive shotgun.

IE it doesn't require any magazine.

I think this guy is super cool, especially with more of these type of shotguns coming to light.

Part of me still thinks a shotgun should be pump action and tube fed lol.

In the end our opinions are just that. Opinions :) go with whatever you're most comfortable with shooting and what works best for you as far as loading/reloading.

And no shotguns aren't dead or having any interest lost by any means...this section of the forum just doesn't attract as much attention. And we sometimes stay more focused on rifles and rifle buying cause that's what they are actively trying to ban and don't want us to have anymore...They aren't coming for our shotguns "yet" but they will the moment they get our rifles all banned. then it will be all about the "assault shotguns" ban ban ban....:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top