JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's a pretty short list. Reflecting how damaging I-594 and especially I-1639 have been. Not to forget the background check fiasco beginning in July that changed the process of buying handguns. All three of these issues have made firearms commerce very problematic at gun shows.

Well, there is discussion that some kind of centralized background check may be put forward in the state legislature next session. Which may or may not make buying handguns a bit less burdensome. BUT: It's been suggested that will come with a new $18 processing fee.

If new anti-gun laws keep coming along, WAC won't have to worry about the expense of renting a meeting venue. They can hold shows in their new office building. Which will easily hold the half dozen tables and 30 or so members who will still be in attendance.

Gun shows in general have really suffered for years. I had wondered how they would be able to function at all in this state now. With no way to sell hand guns at all since no insta check, "Assault Rifles" include even .22's with a 10 day wait. Seems like the shows will no longer really be able to do much at all in the way of selling guns at all. Wonder where all those criminals who used the "gun show loop hole" all these years will go now? Surely they will just have to give up their life of crime now .:s0076::s0076:

Can someone explain to me how a BGC fee is any different from a poll tax on voting? It's a fee to exercise a right. We've always been told poll taxes are illegal voter suppression. Strikes me that BGC fees are the same thing toward the 2A.

Edit...BGC is not a BCG. I don't mind paying for a BCG.;)

Last Edited:
Can someone explain to me how a BGC fee is any different from a poll tax on voting? It's a fee to exercise a right. We've always been told poll taxes are illegal voter suppression. Strikes me that BCG fees are the same thing toward the 2A.

Simple.

This state is run by leftist (wannabe) dictators. Doesn't matter what is legal or not as long as it fits their agenda.

Can someone explain to me how a BGC fee is any different from a poll tax on voting? It's a fee to exercise a right. We've always been told poll taxes are illegal voter suppression. Strikes me that BCG fees are the same thing toward the 2A.
Sadly even a lot of gun owners LONG ago decided that the 2nd is not a "right", they feel it's a privilege to be controlled by the Government. A large percentage of the gun owning public is fine with this, right up until it effects them. Then all of a sudden it's a "right" again. So if you have a huge portion of the people who own guns all in on it being a privilege, well you get it treated like a privilege. After all who is going to fight it?

See also, Elmer Fudds. The ones who will happily throw everything else under the bus so long as they can keep "MUH BAMBI-BLASTUHRZ!" Yeah, well shove it up your arse, Elmer, then pull the trigger.
Sadly this is how all "gun control" gets what it wants. A large portion of the owners, some times a majority, are all in on it. The idea being if they give the anti's a little they will leave them and their guns alone. Problem of course is the anti never get enough. Every "compromise" only goes one way, the law abiding take a hit, the criminals are given a pass. The same people who claim they want to lower crime make excuses for the criminals as they tell the gun owners who are not doing anything wrong that they are the problem. So many gun owners line up and bend over again. :s0054:

I went to the Puyallup show today for the first time all year. I know Sunday's are usually slow but I was still amazed at how few tables and people were there. Even some of the vendor staples were MIA. I renewed my membership again to help support but did leave wondering if/when I would visit again.

I went to the Puyallup show today for the first time all year. I know Sunday's are usually slow but I was still amazed at how few tables and people were there. Even some of the vendor staples were MIA. I renewed my membership again to help support but did leave wondering if/when I would visit again.
Until the insta check gets brought back it's going to hurt WA gun shows. I've heard this may be addressed this year.

I went to the Spokane show a week or two back,it sucked..The post falls Idaho show was this weekend, didn't go but drove by, lots of cars there,..It shows what the BS laws in wa state has done

I went to the Puyallup show today for the first time all year. I know Sunday's are usually slow but I was still amazed at how few tables and people were there

The only time I went to Sunday shows over the years was when I was working Saturdays. When that ended, going Sunday was a rare thing because they were so dead compared to Saturday. Naturally enough, the good stuff at the right price goes first, namely, on Saturday.

These days as bad as Saturday shows are, no way would I go Sunday. Judging how attendance and business have fallen off so sharply at Saturday shows, I'd guess that in the future, the WAC may discontinue Sundays and go to one day shows on Saturday. Most vendors don't want to sit around all day for piddly business.

I'm from Ca, moved to Vancouver a couple years ago, I was excited to go to a gun show and kept seeing signs. Finally go a chance to go to the Vancouver one and it was axing my pathetic. Local gun stores were better, granted that's sporting systems, so it's an awesome shop, but I felt cheated for paying to get into the show.

I went to the one in Portland and it was pretty decent. I even bought a rifle and some small parts. Was nice to do background and walk out with it.

However it was still a pretty small show.

The gun shows I had been to in Ca dwarfed the ones here

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads