JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a custom mauser i built in .308, i bedded the action and put a new medium heavy sako barrel on it.wood stock of course!and wow i surprised myself last saturday.(handloads) i shot a 4 shot string,3 touching each other and 1 apart. 1 1/4" group at 330 yards. just laying prone with my jacket as a rest.either im getting better or i built a great rifle! :D maybe both lol.

That is AWESOME! I don't have the patience to do that, maybe someday......please tell us, what tools did you use? I am thinking about doing some stock inletting on my Mauser "knock-off" from Sears so the barrel will free float. I don't expect anywhere near the accuracy you're getting, but I'd like 1/2-1" groups at 100yds. when I'm done.

well as far as tools go, not sure if you mean the whole shibang.you need a lathe,drill press,and reamer , and dremel for the inletting. basically i drilled and tapped the receiver, re threaded the sako barrel,chambered it, and dropped it in a walnut stock.bedded the action all the way out to the end.NOT free floating,but seems to be grouping.

Is the action a mil-surp or one of the commercials?

Too many people sell the ol' Mauser action short. My namesake 6.5X57AI is quite the shooter too. I haven't found a load that'll get me down to 1/4" at 300 meters yet though. Mine is more like 1/4 MOA out to 300 so far, but I'm not complaining.

Good shootin' Marine!

it is a mil surplus, yeah old military actions and building custom mauser's is a dieing art.all my best shooting and best looking weapons are custom enfields or mausers.i lucked out one year and found a mint enfield bolt with USMC and an ordnance bomb stamped on it. made a beautiful 3006. i really didnt do anything to crazy as far as accurizing. pretty much put it together and worked up a load. i have a stock model 70 win in 3006 and it does not like 180's, so i loaded 165 barnes and shot 3/8 group at 100 yds.i think tayloring loads to your specific rifle is key.,

yeah for old mil-surp love old mausers,1903's,mosins and enfields if you know your business and get decent rifles its amazing what kind of accuracy you can squeeze out of them

hunting weapons=accurate indeed! out of the box + a middle of the road leupold scope, my weatherby vangard in 7mm rem-mag will shoot a 1" group at 150 yrds all day. I love that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top