JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a custom mauser i built in .308, i bedded the action and put a new medium heavy sako barrel on it.wood stock of course!and wow i surprised myself last saturday.(handloads) i shot a 4 shot string,3 touching each other and 1 apart. 1 1/4" group at 330 yards. just laying prone with my jacket as a rest.either im getting better or i built a great rifle! :D maybe both lol.

That is AWESOME! I don't have the patience to do that, maybe someday......please tell us, what tools did you use? I am thinking about doing some stock inletting on my Mauser "knock-off" from Sears so the barrel will free float. I don't expect anywhere near the accuracy you're getting, but I'd like 1/2-1" groups at 100yds. when I'm done.

well as far as tools go, not sure if you mean the whole shibang.you need a lathe,drill press,and reamer , and dremel for the inletting. basically i drilled and tapped the receiver, re threaded the sako barrel,chambered it, and dropped it in a walnut stock.bedded the action all the way out to the end.NOT free floating,but seems to be grouping.

Is the action a mil-surp or one of the commercials?

Too many people sell the ol' Mauser action short. My namesake 6.5X57AI is quite the shooter too. I haven't found a load that'll get me down to 1/4" at 300 meters yet though. Mine is more like 1/4 MOA out to 300 so far, but I'm not complaining.

Good shootin' Marine!

it is a mil surplus, yeah old military actions and building custom mauser's is a dieing art.all my best shooting and best looking weapons are custom enfields or mausers.i lucked out one year and found a mint enfield bolt with USMC and an ordnance bomb stamped on it. made a beautiful 3006. i really didnt do anything to crazy as far as accurizing. pretty much put it together and worked up a load. i have a stock model 70 win in 3006 and it does not like 180's, so i loaded 165 barnes and shot 3/8 group at 100 yds.i think tayloring loads to your specific rifle is key.,

yeah for old mil-surp love old mausers,1903's,mosins and enfields if you know your business and get decent rifles its amazing what kind of accuracy you can squeeze out of them

hunting weapons=accurate indeed! out of the box + a middle of the road leupold scope, my weatherby vangard in 7mm rem-mag will shoot a 1" group at 150 yrds all day. I love that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top