JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I can't take her schtick... its like trying to eat dry-white toast that has a vapid sense of humor... or that other dude who sounds like he should be in a Shakespeare play, that snotty, pugnacious (needs to get punched in the mouth) Keith Olbermann. :D

I have pretty much given up on getting news from the TV, every story is either not detailed enough to be worth even reporting, biased and described from a one sided perspective, or absolute BS. I'm also wondering if the TV news is really part of product placement advertising because it makes you feel impotent and half the ads are for dick pills?

To get back to this thread though, it must be fun to work for a think tank, go find some bs, rewrite it to sound like super bs, send it through focus groups where you can refine it into highly radioactive bs, and then release it on the public through the media, check the response, and then refine it even more. For a long time I thought this was only for the purpose of duping the public but I've always known that bs has some wonderful properties or it wouldn't play such a significant role in our social evolution. But recently, I found the truth about bs, I was visiting a top secret government facility, a base for alien space craft, and it turns out they run their ships on this stuff. By the way, I was assured that in exchange, they are going to pay off our national debt.

Thank you, bugeye, for your patient and detailed deconstruction of Cato's yellow journalism.

Too often people surround themselves with what they want to hear, and it's too easy to do so now in a highly fragmented, net-based social environment. It's uncomfortable to listen to opposing opinions, especially when they depend on some way of framing questions that is obviously one-sided. But responsible citizenship can sometimes mean becoming apolitical, if for no other reason so that we can't be swayed so easily by demagoguery.

My motto: "Don't believe everything you THINK."

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top