JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Panic 911... I watch it. Just like all the other time wasters I watch. That is the nature of TV. I have a buddy that watches only documentaries and believes he is superior, but it's still a time waster.

I like the episode where the older gal uses her 12ga to take out a crazed home invader. :D:D:D It's unlike most of the other episodes where people are being victimized and depended on LEOs arriving.

OK so if your foolish enough to think the crook won't bring his own gun well I guess thats ok good luck with that kind of thinking

I was thinking the exact same thing....to not have a gun doesn't mean you wont get killed with one....history actually disproves this "theory".

They're not wrong. Its how the statistic works. However, its a poor argument because it also applies to everything else. IE: more likely to be cut with knives in the home.
Just like the more miles you drive back and forth to and from work the odds are better that you will get in a car accident

"...unlike most of the other episodes where people are being victimized and depended on LEOs arriving.

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT, and why I started this thread. How do you think the unarmed victims in the "other episodes" felt about not having armed protection during and after their victimization? My thought (and hope) is that anyone on the fence about having a gun for protection might be persuaded to do so by experiencing being a victim vicariously by watching the shows.

As a former LEO who investigated numerous violent crimes (including rape and murder), there were innumerable times I thought, "If only he/she had had a gun." I want to see every possible honest citizen armed and ready to defend themselves, before/until the police arrive.

Max

As I said before up here in Peirce county they had Pacific highway closed this afternoon to transport deputy Daniel McCarthy from the medical examiners office to the funeral home in Lakewood he was killed by a home invasion suspect . PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY FATHER OF THREE BOYS.

Just like the more miles you drive back and forth to and from work the odds are better that you will get in a car accident
I was worried when I heard auto accidents often happen within 2 miles of home. I live in a fairly flat neighborhood so I have been pushing my Chevrolet truck (with heated tail gate) 2 miles from home before I drive it. Hey my thighs and calfs are getting awesome. :p

I drive thousands of miles a year to and from work and at work I drive a truck for a living the odds are against me but if you are vigilant and do everything you can to be safe the odds go down

But, it doesn't. They start spewing their "more likely to get shot when guns are around" garbage.

That one always comes up doesn't it? It's as if firearms are animate objects that will simply go off without warning.

Yes, living around people with guns makes you statistically more likely to receive a gunshot wound at some point. The real factor there, though, is the people, not the guns. If you are or live around thugs, gangsters, or idiots with guns; then yes you are at much greater risk. If you are a responsible gun owner with strong safety habits, you could have a thousand guns locked in your vault and be quite safe.

It's much like looking at crime statistics and seeing that it's far more dangerous to live in Detroit than it is to live in rural Oregon. Statistics don't tell the whole story though. Who is at greater personal risk of violent crime: The person who lives in a very nice part of Detroit, lives a clean life and has pillar-of-the-community law abiding friends, or the guy who lives in rural Oregon who has druggie friends and rubs shoulders with the seedy underbelly of society on a regular basis? Statistics tell one story about a group or region, whereas personal lifestyle might tell a different story about the individual.

It's not the mere presence of guns; it's how you live your life.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top