JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Essay in 'The Week' cuts to heart of U.S. gun rights debate

"The gun rights movement is about individual freedom and American individualism…These are people who believe in their right and obligation to control their own fate by carrying a firearm to protect themselves and those around them, even if that might disadvantage those who choose not to."

<broken link removed>

Well, I have a lead foot...so...yeah

I really liked his approach to rationalism, common sense debate about the 2A being a civil right, makes sense, it is an integral part of the "Bill of Rights"

If it was discussed in this way, as a civil liberty, maybe we could find some common ground for society as a whole. SCOTUS has upheld civil liberties today in landmark rulings.

I just am not sure how "shall not be infringed" can be interpreted, the language makes it difficult.

Should you be able to buy NFA items without oversight? Is that good for the United States?

I am a live and let live guy, as long as you do no active harm to others, (perceived harm are people's own personal bias).

I am pretty torn on this, I want to trust my neighbors and other citizens, but common sense and reality push back on that. Hard choices.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top