JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Everyone. Here's my WOW story from overnight. Prolly no surprises to anyone. Last evening I was window shopping an Oklahoma ammo distributor I've used for years. Ran across a large supply of AK mags for sale there. Don't really need any but there were 311 new Croatian mags with the last round hold open and about 3/4 of a page of all kinds of other AK mags. I thought the Croatian mags were pretty cool. As it was late and I was ready to hit the sack I figured I would check them out today. Had a number of DIY stuff at the house to get done first this morning. So when I earned a break I fired up the computer. Much to my surprise EVERYTHING was gone - sold! Very happy I was considering a want and not a need. I am guessing the good folks from CA have started shopping for mags over 10 rounds. Moral of story ... if you really need something BUY DON'T WAIT. Not a new thought but another reaffirmation of the reality of the 2A world today. :rolleyes:

This is why sometimes I just bite the bullet and spend a gun's worth of dollars on mags in general. Or powder/primers. You name it. Good reminder

Also, if there's long shelf life food you enjoy regularly, if it goes on sale buy a whole freaking lot. I have a soft spot for canned ravioli and do just exactly this.

Yeh I remember when ammo prices first started to rise. I was at the gun show a few months after 911 and 7.62x39 jumped up form $69 to $109 per case of 1000 they had like 3 pallots full I had $1500 in my wallet and didn't see anything else I wanted. I had haggled with these guys before and I knew If I spent even a grand of that I could get it for $100 a case. I thought for a moment what if the price keeps going up and demand goes up and then I thought nah, I'll wait for the price to go back down. :confused:

Oooof......Just checked out Atlantic Fire Arms. I didn't go through ALL 6-7 pages but if the $49.00 nickle plated, and the $89.00 Circle 10 45 round AK mags are sold out, that they're all sold out! :eek:

The Saiga IZ 132 5 rnd mags are in stock.

Had checked Palmetto State Armory just around when the ruling went out.

They had regular AR15 PMAGS at $12.30 (?$7.99 before "the crazy").

Checked back just now, sold out of ALL AR15 standard capacities!! -all types & manufacturers-

Some oddballs avail (.458 socom, 6.5 grendel, 7.62x39 etc).

I am happy to let them have them this time. Like the binge after a long diet. Go get 'em Cali folks! Get all the mags you can and go enjoy them. They will make more.

FYI classic firearms has Okay surefeed2 ar15 30 rd mags in stock for $14.99. That's a couple dollars more than normal but these r hard to find sometimes. My favorite mag. Aluminum and reliable. I also like pmag gen3 with window.

Last Edited:
Luckily Ive stocked up, we have a three prong panic:
Covid-New gun Owners
Election fears- Panic/prepper buyers
California- Freedom week

That entire state is probably cleaning out all the mags they can, pair that with the other two drains and suddenlythe plethora of mags becomes incredibly scarce.

Luckily Ive got more mags than I could ever shoot minus just a few here and there. Best of luck in your hunt!

Luckily Ive stocked up, we have a three prong panic:
Covid-New gun Owners
Election fears- Panic/prepper buyers
California- Freedom week

That entire state is probably cleaning out all the mags they can, pair that with the other two drains and suddenlythe plethora of mags becomes incredibly scarce.

Luckily Ive got more mags than I could ever shoot minus just a few here and there. Best of luck in your hunt!
Don't forget riot factor too. Crazy times.

I don't know why it would be CA buyers. The ban isn't lifted. Could be friends of CA people in other states but none of the big dealers are shipping to the PRK

I don't know why it would be CA buyers. The ban isn't lifted. Could be friends of CA people in other states but none of the big dealers are shipping to the PRK
Several mainstream online retailers have started selling into Cali.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top