JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Headed to a Potluck Dinner at the Gun club last night the wife and I are talking about some of the silly stuff I watched on the NAT GEO Doomsday Preppers show and she says to me "I think we should stock up a 1 year supply of food for US the kids and the grandkids" This would be 7-8 people depending on if our son lives anywhere near us, he's currently in the US NAVY in San Diego. She has been somewhat hesitant to get to into prepping until this came up.

Not sure she has a clue the storage room requirements for that much food (even though she has worked at Albertsons for 26 years) or the cost. But looks like we are going to do some stocking up past the 2 week supply we normally have.

First step is going to be to figure out where to add the pantry storage and to buy some water barrels.

Going to start with 6) 50gal Blue barrels for water.

That Rocks, Mark! Don't forget that years supply of BEER!! :D

We have a micro Brewery less then 5 blocks away. I figure while all the riff raf are looting the Roths Grociery Store 8 blocks down the street I can roll a couple three 4 kegs home and then go back for a couple Casks of wine for the women folk. Since they are partners with a local Winery. Kind of a one stop SHTF booze shopping center.

To bad the Liquor store is next door to Roths. It will be empty in a heart beat.

We have a micro Brewery less then 5 blocks away. I figure while all the riff raf are looting the Roths Grociery Store 8 blocks down the street I can roll a couple three 4 kegs home and then go back for a couple Casks of wine for the women folk. Since they are partners with a local Winery. Kind of a one stop SHTF booze shopping center.

To bad the Liquor store is next door to Roths. It will be empty in a heart beat.
That ugly brown sludge at the bottom of the beer fermentation vats is loaded with vitamins, it's what Veggimite is made from.

Somewhere I read that a 50 pound sack of rice will keep 4 PPL alive for a month so with 250 pounds of rice or $100 you can keep 1 person alive for a year. If you store vitamins, beans, lentils ,cooking oil and a protien plus can harvest greens you can live as the poorer asians do for a few hundred $ per person. Eat what you store, store what you eat

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top