JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sorry for the family.

Hunting in the rut when bow hunters get close, real close onetime of the year.
Bull elk want to procreate, they must have hormones that take completely over and are all about fighting another elk to win. All about fighting with their horns. They approach a bugling bow hunter to fight. Overnight that elk still had fight hormones cursing thru his blood so I'm just trying to say approaching the elk wounded one should consider that only at that time of year is esp. dangerous. It might have been much more willing to stand ground , attack and fight. Mid or late November it might have been more inclined to runand get away.

A family friend had an elk ranch in Montana before the powers that be drove him out of business. I couldn't even get close to the fence w/o risk during the rut.

He was my friend. :(
For all the armchair cowboys that have chimed in Mark was in amazing health, fit as a fiddle and lean. His abilities with his bow were excellent and this was just a terrible, terrible accident. On top of that he has a daughter getting married soon and their life is now in a storm. I have some very sour opinions of a few folks here now and while still digesting yesterday's message from Joe I am paused this morning on renewing my membership for the same reasons he listed, so many bad actors here.

I'm sorry for your loss.

And for any insensitive remarks.

bb

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews