JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the reasons we are in a situation where this is even a discussion is that so few will take a stand and speak up. While running to a different place may be an option today, the available places to run are diminishing and they will diminish at a greater pace if we don't stop and say no more. Personally I am not going to move to get away from it (already did so once and it came to me anyway) and I am not going to try to hide what I have either. On the contrary, I want them to know that I am there to oppose their tyranny and that others exist en masse that will be there as well. I want them to understand that it is a futile effort so that it never comes to pass in the first place. Now is the time to stand up and speak up, if we fail to do so now then tomorrow it may be too late and we may instead need to take drastic measures that none of us really want to face.

I share the sentiment, but with this caveat:

If you challenge Uncle Scam, he WILL try to make an example out of you. From the Freemen to the wholesale slaughter at a place called Waco and from Ruby Ridge to the murders of people like Gordon Kahl and Scott Woodring, the government wants to set an example.

Remaining silent while organizing and taking down the liberal apparatus via other political and legal non-violent avenues of redress would seem to me to better alternatives.

I share the sentiment, but with this caveat:

If you challenge Uncle Scam, he WILL try to make an example out of you. From the Freemen to the wholesale slaughter at a place called Waco and from Ruby Ridge to the murders of people like Gordon Kahl and Scott Woodring, the government wants to set an example.

Remaining silent while organizing and taking down the liberal apparatus via other political and legal non-violent avenues of redress would seem to me to better alternatives.
If we stand together then they will find a much harder time trying to make an example of us than they will if we stand alone. While I agree that we need to take down their apparatus via political and non-violent avenues I disagree wholeheartedly with remaining silent. If we do remain silent then we will be forced to use more drastic measures that are not so peaceful. I've stuck my neck out there and so far it has not resulted in being made an example of. As one of the organizers for the event where I am pictured here there is no question that I would be a prime candidate if they were trying to make an example out of me.
CQ5PNI1UsAEBy9y.jpg

Constitutionally gun bans are illegal.people that comply are the only thing that gives hem any weight at all.

And a person would have to actually have a firearm in the first place. Certain drugs are banned and we all see how well that worked.l

Brutus out

So instantly 100 million people become criminals if they refuse to comply. If they decided to pick them up, I could see things going badly when they knock on the wrong door and there are probably 10 million wrong doors.

You'd think the boneheads in .gov would figure out what happens when things are banned. Prohibition of alcohol created the likes of Al Capone, the war on drugs created Escobar, El Chappo and thousands of others and thankfully that madness is winding down. The kids of the hood wouldn't have money for a glock for-ty if they had nothing to sell. So the boneheads want to do it again, I guess to justify their existence (and budgets). Color me surprised if it does happen. Personally I doubt it would be a waterfall event, a slow choke of the supply of everything related would be more effective (boiling the frog).

They don't have to convince you that you don't need or want a gun, they have to convince your kids and grand kids they don't. Consider the NFA of 1932, or even 1968 or 1986 for you young whipper snappers.

Not that I have any guns myself. My kid chewed a piece of toast the other day into the shape of a Thompson SMG (with a drum mag too!). I had to call 911 and have the sheriff to come get it cause I was so skerit she might take a wrong nibble and kill everyone within 1000 yards. I banned them from Instaham and Snapshut for half a day for punishment, they cried the entire time so I knew I done right.

What's the plan? Wait until you are arrested in some warrantless search and be branded a felon?

My job is already at risk for carrying a firearm, locked in my personal vehicle, while at work. The thought of getting arrested and jailed for owning newly "illegal" firearms doesn't really concern me.

I spent 7 years serving in this nation's military...with the possibility of being sent to face death at any time. I road motorcycles for 40 years and climbed radio towers for 30. The possibility of serious jail time for breaking such laws doesn't cause me to lose much sleep.

If we stand together then they will find a much harder time trying to make an example of us than they will if we stand alone. While I agree that we need to take down their apparatus via political and non-violent avenues I disagree wholeheartedly with remaining silent. If we do remain silent then we will be forced to use more drastic measures that are not so peaceful. I've stuck my neck out there and so far it has not resulted in being made an example of. As one of the organizers for the event where I am pictured here there is no question that I would be a prime candidate if they were trying to make an example out of me.
View attachment 298654

Where do I sign up? :)

View attachment 298654

I'm not implying that you remain silent while our Rights are on the chopping block. I'm telling people that I will not answer questions about any weapon I may have owned in the event of a confiscation.

In the minds of many people, a confiscation begins when the government is going door to door, taking weapons. That's not the way it plays out. A recent Supreme Court ruling now allows states to outlaw certain kinds of weapons. In the instant case, it is so-called "assault weapons." Translated, that is any magazine fed weapon that fires semi-automatic and looks evil.

States and local communities can - and will outlaw weapons incrementally until they can have you walk down (as they did in Australia and Great Britain) where YOU voluntarily turn in your weapon or face harsh legal consequences.

Between the ballot box and bullet box there is a wide plethora of options we can exercise. Unfortunately, a thread on a discussion board is not sufficient to discuss it AND you don't want the left to have your play book for free. At least make them work for it and pay for it.

Not that I have any guns myself. My kid chewed a piece of toast the other day into the shape of a Thompson SMG (with a drum mag too!). I had to call 911 and have the sheriff to come get it cause I was so skerit she might take a wrong nibble and kill everyone within 1000 yards. I banned them from Instaham and Snapshut for half a day for punishment, they cried the entire time so I knew I done right.

I know you meant that in jest, but once upon a time (a few years ago) an eight year old pointed a chicken finger resembling a handgun at classmate (while in the lunchroom at school) and said bang. The young child was taken away by police (and he was handcuffed) for violating the no weapons policy.

I know you meant that in jest, but once upon a time (a few years ago) an eight year old pointed a chicken finger resembling a handgun at classmate (while in the lunchroom at school) and said bang. The young child was taken away by police (and he was handcuffed) for violating the no weapons policy.

They expelled a kid for finger pointing and saying bang and another for drawing a 'L' shape. I want to coin a new term, political overcorrectness.

Let's say your state enacts a state ban. Would you turn your stuff in or move to a free state?

Let's say there is a nationwide ban enacted. Would you turn your stuff in or move out of the country to a place with better gun laws?

Currently we have the best gun laws in the world, but if such bans are enacted, we would really not be sitting in that boat anymore.

At that point, do you arm yourself with WASP spray (pepper spray is illegal in many draconian countries) and hope that you make it your whole life without being a victim of a violent crime? Pray that home invaders don't make you watch them do things to your wife or daughter (this has happened before)?

Personally I'd move to a free state, and keep moving until it gets so bad that I'd just relocate to a tropical paradise to live cheap and be unarmed for a fraction of the cost of living...

I figure that if something was banned, I would sell it to someone else for a really high price and stay where I am at. There is usually a some period after something is banned where you have a choice to turn it in or book out of that location. That is the time when prices on those items goes thru the roof. I would sell my stuff and make a killing on it. Then I would be legal and hopefully rich.

Where do I sign up? :)
Not so much a matter of signing up as just going out and getting involved. We do have a public Facebook group for the Gun Rights Coalition where we discuss issues and work to try to better educate everyone however I would encourage everyone to get involved locally too since it has grown to where it is no longer just Washington or Northwest members. Just being a member here in this forum is a good start since your already going to be more aware of what is happening in this area. Looking at our candidates and helping support those that are working for our rights is another way. Showing up for the cleanup events is another because it sends a positive message about gun owners. Get to know your representatives. Perhaps the biggest is simply to talk to neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers. Many have incorrect impressions based on biased media that can be corrected if you can get them in a discussion and keep them talking. We have a local Open Carry group too as another way to get involved. Security Check Required (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VanWaOpenCarry/)

Not so much a matter of signing up as just going out and getting involved. We do have a public Facebook group for the Gun Rights Coalition where we discuss issues and work to try to better educate everyone however I would encourage everyone to get involved locally too since it has grown to where it is no longer just Washington or Northwest members. Just being a member here in this forum is a good start since your already going to be more aware of what is happening in this area. Looking at our candidates and helping support those that are working for our rights is another way. Showing up for the cleanup events is another because it sends a positive message about gun owners. Get to know your representatives. Perhaps the biggest is simply to talk to neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers. Many have incorrect impressions based on biased media that can be corrected if you can get them in a discussion and keep them talking. We have a local Open Carry group too as another way to get involved. Security Check Required (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VanWaOpenCarry/)

With all due respect, I don't agree with doing things via Facebook or other social media. Each of you is entitled to their opinion; I just want to present another view.

We have come to rely too much on the Internet and social media. It offers no confidential and private way of communicating effective ways to protect your Liberties.

Social media allows your political enemies and even the LEO community a valuable tool in reading your playbook (and that helps them to develop counter strategies) along with connecting groups and organizations via connecting the dots. You may wind up some day being a terrorist based upon the fact that you're the friend of this guy who is a friend of a terrorist.

If you go that route, that's your Right. If you want another option, then you know how to contact me.

With all due respect, I don't agree with doing things via Facebook or other social media. Each of you is entitled to their opinion; I just want to present another view.

We have come to rely too much on the Internet and social media. It offers no confidential and private way of communicating effective ways to protect your Liberties.

Social media allows your political enemies and even the LEO community a valuable tool in reading your playbook (and that helps them to develop counter strategies) along with connecting groups and organizations via connecting the dots. You may wind up some day being a terrorist based upon the fact that you're the friend of this guy who is a friend of a terrorist.

If you go that route, that's your Right. If you want another option, then you know how to contact me.
With all due respect we must use every tool at our disposal and that includes social media. Your already doing so just by being a member here. If you don't think this is social media or that it is not just as much or more of a target than Facebook then your sadly mistaken. 2 years ago the antis intentionally infiltrated this forum along with a few others to collect data (twisted but nevertheless) that they used to support I-594. As far as LEO's I'm not too concerned about most of them. Because of what I do it puts me in contact with them frequently and the majority are in our corner.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews