JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only response I will give is a question in return - to anyone here or to those that propose such a ban/confiscation:

If __________ were banned tomorrow, would you hand them in?? Examples to fill in the blank:

* All gasoline operated cars
* All kitchen knives and utensils
* All 'standard' light bulbs
* All cigarettes, tobacco
* All alcohol
* All marijuana
* All coffee
* All smart phones
* All Justin Bieber music
* All Kardashian products

Lots of things could be added to the list, keep it going and you will hit on something that everyone cares about. Why is this question always having to be directed at gun owners? Why are we constantly having to defend our reasons to own guns, when it is an established constitutional right?

So perhaps my response is - if you expect me to give up guns, as a compromise, what do I get to choose for you to give up? Can I just choose something you love and decide you no longer get to own it, under penalty of law??

Banning/confiscation simply will not work. Some would get turned in. Likely some folks would get dinged under that law. But I believe the majority would do what has happened in Australia - disappear into obscurity, with a majority of owners still holding their 'banned' guns years and years later.

Remember how the argument for legalized marijuana was that you can't get it off the streets? You can't stop people from buying/using? You can't waste resources going after the drug? Why won't it work with marijuana, but it will supposedly work with guns?? It didn't work with prohibition, but somehow it will magically work with guns?

It's all just a B.S. political move, aimed squarely at law-abiding people, by those that care nothing about our rights.

That list I made above - one thing to recognize is that while all of those things are important to somebody, they are not constitutionally guaranteed, unlike our gun rights.

Let's not forget history. Although he Vichy French government eventually fell, it was also responsible for much of the suffering by the people of France. It was neighbors turning against neighbors that caused the most pain and suffering.

Right or wrong, people will act on what they "feel" is right for their families. Right now, we have would be dictators screaming about how our nations lawmakers are cowards because they are following the constitution and due process. Like it or not, they have many followers that will blindly follow wherever they lead. Tread quietly and be on the lookout for snakes everywhere.

When you turn in all your weapons, they will give you a number to compensate you later.

upload_2016-6-21_8-32-37.jpeg

Having wealth is not the problem, using it improperly is the problem. If you use it to run away, you are financing your own cowardice.

Sorry, I must disagree. "Voting with your feet" is a perfectly legitimate tactic. Hell, most of the European colonization of America, and the populating of the American West, fall into that category. One of the best boosters of liberty, is the existence of a place to escape to. This factor probably explains much of the popularity of liberty in America. Think of the Puritan religious tyranny in Massachusetts - why did it dissipate? Because people who got tired of it could simply move away.

Here is a book that explains this idea:
Pallas: L. Neil Smith: 9781604504750: Amazon.com: Books (https://www.amazon.com/Pallas-L-Neil-Smith/dp/1604504757)

I think that's too broad of a stroke, regarding income and lavish trappings. I know several people who easily qualify for six figure incomes and are passionate about rights, the Constitution and overreach by government. Being against more government control runs much deeper than income, has more to do with liberty and freedom. Which many see slipping away, regardless of economic status...

I make six-figures, own two Mercedes (paid for), a Chevy Suburban (paid for), a nice Harley (paid for), a Kawasaki "putter" (paid for), a 65" flat screen & six 42" flat screens (all paid for) throughout my 2700+ sq/ft house (10yrs left and paid for). I'll not submit to the "trappings of society". If the SHTF, I'll gladly sell/trade everything I own/posses to fight tyranny... except my guns and ammo. Just like some lowly "colonials" did back in 1775. o_O

:D

Sorry, I must disagree. "Voting with your feet" is a perfectly legitimate tactic. Hell, most of the European colonization of America, and the populating of the American West, fall into that category. One of the best boosters of liberty, is the existence of a place to escape to. This factor probably explains much of the popularity of liberty in America. Think of the Puritan religious tyranny in Massachusetts - why did it dissipate? Because people who got tired of it could simply move away.

Pallas: L. Neil Smith: 9781604504750: Amazon.com: Books (https://www.amazon.com/Pallas-L-Neil-Smith/dp/1604504757)

The problem with that is, there's no place left in the world to run away towards. This is it, this country is the last "best hope" for mankind (on the physical realm).

1. There is no such thing as "voting with your feet", if you run, you can't vote. You remove yourself from the situation. Quitting is a reaction to fear.

2. Using the colonization of America to illustrate your point is misguided at best. What about the liberties of the native population? You would deprive them of their right to pursue happiness so you could pursue happiness? How is that different than the gun control citizens that would do the same?

3. Liberty needs no escape. By definition there is nothing to flee. Unless freedom scares you.

4. The book you reference is amatuer claptrap.

I remember reading about George Washington inspecting a brand new carriage that he had ordered from England.
It was very costly and when it was off loaded from the ship, he opened the door and it promptly fell off the cheap hinges. The whole carriage was a piece of junk that was fostered off on the colonies like a lot of other expensive and heavily taxed goods.
Imagine trying to drain a swamp with only wood shovels, as it was against the law to forge steel ones.
They say that was the last straw that pushed him into agreeing to join the revolutionaries.
He had a lot to lose, as him being married to a wealthy women and it was an all or nothing commitment.

The only response I will give is a question in return - to anyone here or to those that propose such a ban/confiscation:

If __________ were banned tomorrow, would you hand them in?? Examples to fill in the blank:

* All gasoline operated cars
* All kitchen knives and utensils
* All 'standard' light bulbs
* All cigarettes, tobacco
* All alcohol
* All marijuana
* All coffee
* All smart phones
* All Justin Bieber music
* All Kardashian products

Lots of things could be added to the list, keep it going and you will hit on something that everyone cares about. Why is this question always having to be directed at gun owners? Why are we constantly having to defend our reasons to own guns, when it is an established constitutional right?

So perhaps my response is - if you expect me to give up guns, as a compromise, what do I get to choose for you to give up? Can I just choose something you love and decide you no longer get to own it, under penalty of law??

Banning/confiscation simply will not work. Some would get turned in. Likely some folks would get dinged under that law. But I believe the majority would do what has happened in Australia - disappear into obscurity, with a majority of owners still holding their 'banned' guns years and years later.

Remember how the argument for legalized marijuana was that you can't get it off the streets? You can't stop people from buying/using? You can't waste resources going after the drug? Why won't it work with marijuana, but it will supposedly work with guns?? It didn't work with prohibition, but somehow it will magically work with guns?

It's all just a B.S. political move, aimed squarely at law-abiding people, by those that care nothing about our rights.

That list I made above - one thing to recognize is that while all of those things are important to somebody, they are not constitutionally guaranteed, unlike our gun rights.
And we have a whole generation of people who grew up outside the law, smoking and dealing "killer" marijuana and other drugs back when it was a real crime with real penalties. To them the idea of disobedience is not unfamiliar.

Quitting is a reaction to fear.

Or disgust...

What about the liberties of the native population? You would deprive them of their right to pursue happiness so you could pursue happiness?

No. One's escaping tyranny does not imply tyrannizing others. For example, the Quakers escaped from England, but they always bought land from the Indians and opposed the theft of their lands. That is why Quakers never suffered from that era's "blowback" (Indian attacks).

Liberty needs no escape. By definition there is nothing to flee. Unless freedom scares you.

:rolleyes:

Nothing to flee? No tyranny?

Sometimes it makes sense to stay and fight. Sometimes it makes sense to move, to help make another place more free. Either way is your choice. That is what freedom is about.

The book you reference is amatuer claptrap.

Your spelling is "amatuer" also. :p Anyway, don't like it, don't read it. That is liberty too.

As to America being the last best hope of liberty, I think you are underestimating the popularity of liberty. The worldwide long trend, with some obvious setbacks now and then, is toward more liberty. Liberty is robust, not fragile. All it takes is for more people to learn to say, "No."

Last Edited:
Simple strategy, dude. You can stand on the street corner, publicly announcing your opposition like a righteous man, or you can adopt guerilla tactics, assimilate and blend with subterfuge and guile. Whack-a-mole is a fun game, but it probably sucks when you're the mole.
The grey mans servival guide says to wait and listen for the shot, then pop up and smile! You hear the shot, some one else got wacked!

Let's say your state enacts a state ban. Would you turn your stuff in or move to a free state?

Let's say there is a nationwide ban enacted. Would you turn your stuff in or move out of the country to a place with better gun laws?

Currently we have the best gun laws in the world, but if such bans are enacted, we would really not be sitting in that boat anymore.

At that point, do you arm yourself with WASP spray (pepper spray is illegal in many draconian countries) and hope that you make it your whole life without being a victim of a violent crime? Pray that home invaders don't make you watch them do things to your wife or daughter (this has happened before)?

Personally I'd move to a free state, and keep moving until it gets so bad that I'd just relocate to a tropical paradise to live cheap and be unarmed for a fraction of the cost of living...

It is my intention not to have these regrets;

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward." Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

All of that will not happen because the confiscations happen at a local level and continue until a sufficient number of weapons have been taken so that resistance is futile.

As fate would have it, I am writing a manual on what you can do since it cannot be covered in a thread like this. Suffice it to say, you must act today and you cannot be talking openly about what strategy you are going to employ. The LEO community is always scanning sites like this to see what our thoughts are.

I can tell you there is a systematic approach that is just as scientific as the incremental approach by the left to take our Liberties as well as our firearms.

Put me on your list.

One of the reasons we are in a situation where this is even a discussion is that so few will take a stand and speak up. While running to a different place may be an option today, the available places to run are diminishing and they will diminish at a greater pace if we don't stop and say no more. Personally I am not going to move to get away from it (already did so once and it came to me anyway) and I am not going to try to hide what I have either. On the contrary, I want them to know that I am there to oppose their tyranny and that others exist en masse that will be there as well. I want them to understand that it is a futile effort so that it never comes to pass in the first place. Now is the time to stand up and speak up, if we fail to do so now then tomorrow it may be too late and we may instead need to take drastic measures that none of us really want to face.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews