JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe be time to march on law makers at their homes.
With tar, and feathers.

We have weapons to protect us first and for most against a tyranical govt. If they try to take our guns it would be time to remove tyrants.

I was talking to a guy born in Finland the other day and he said that every farmer he knew back in his rural home town had WW2 weapons and ammo stashed somewhere around their farms.
They always expected they would need them someday.

OPSEC

I do believe that there is a time and place for OPSEC and on many things I do keep to myself but this also could be why we get our butts kicked in the polls and the reason the antis get away with their claims.

You see reports that gun ownership is down is this because if being polled we all say nope I do not own a gun so polls show house hold gun totals are down and the ones that do own guns must own a lot.

Or playing gray man on these forum questions make every one think we will just give up so passing a ban is ok cuz they won't fight. Yes we all know we get monitored by someone.

I say this just for food for thought because if you do not let it be known that you do feel very strongly about these issues and are willing to stand up for your rights then they win.

Last Edited:
When I was born the country had just won WWII and things were booming. When I first went to school we said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning first thing and "Under God". I've seen America do great things such as put a man on the Moon, develop television, the computer and the internet and build the interstate freeway system.

I remember drooling when the 55, 56, and 57 Chevys were on showroom floors and in 1962 I turned 16 and bought a 1957 2 door Bel Air sport coupe (pillarless hard top) with a power pack 283, 3 speed and overdrive. It had just 30K miles on it and it was mint. Mint.

I remember in high school during deer and elk season those of us who drove cars were allowed to bring our rifles to school and deposit them in the principal's office for the day. Our families needed the meat and we might see one on our way to or from school and fill our tag. This was in Central Point, Oregon, BTW.

I got old somehow as the years flew by and my health isn't so good. I can still shoot the balls off a flying eagle with my .270 though, LOL.

You young guys need to know something. Never in history has a guerilla army been defeated on its own soil. The Taliban are still alive and well after first Russia and then the "mighty" US military tried to take them out. AL Q? ISIS? Vietnam? Korea? Various in The Middle East? The US and allies haven't won a war since WWII and that's because they keep making the mistake of taking on people door to door on their own soil. Those are all guerilla armies. Those are the "militias" our founders knew about. The same kind of militia that drove the King of England back to where he came from in our Revolutionary War.

Give up my guns eh? Molon Labe.

Cheers.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly!!!! Amen, Brother! I was born in 1947. I was in the military during Vietnam. I saw what happens to an occupying army first hand.

I would do none of the above. better-bring-yours.jpg

Oh I would certainly turn in EVERYTHING immediately. I have the utmost confidence in my governments ability to quickly and efficiently protect me in time of need.

I dont have much left after my boating accident though. Just an old milsurp rifle and a hipoint. Both far too deadly for any mere civilian to own.. Its best its in their hands should a law ever be passed like that, and forums like these become monitored. :rolleyes:

There is ONE thing I think we all forget in these threads, The Gub'ment consists of US with only a very small group within we call THEM. Many thousands of Gub'ment persons are just like you and I, and they are every bit as concerned as WE are about a gun ban! Rest assured, there will be no outright ban, and they know it ( the few bad) Every Blade of Grass is not just a saying from WW2 Adm. Yamato, it is still true today, perhaps more so! Will not comply!!! I have no plans for any thing, no contingency for dealing with "THEM" should they come, because I know there is zero chance of that ever happening! SO, the real deal is the war that is coming soon to a world near you! That is more of a concern to me, then the Gub'ment taking my guns!

What's the point of keeping banned guns if you're just going to bury them or hide them in a closet? Seems to me that about the time they ban them is about the time to exercise the 2nd amendment for exactly the reason it was wrote.

Oddly, the first time I remember that question being asked was in the early 2000s when the Militia of Georgia Handbook was first distributed.

Even if people agree with your sentiment, I would advise they don't respond and treat your post as a rhetorical question. Again, the tyrants monitor this kind of media, looking for people that can potentially be labeled as a terrorist... and you already know that legislation is being considered to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists.

Weapons are being incrementally taken from the people. We've created many classes of "prohibited persons" and they have cut down on the kinds of weapons available. The real issue is not what would you do, but what ARE you doing? And that's not a question you want to answer publicly. Sooo... what can you do?

Oh I would certainly turn in EVERYTHING immediately. I have the utmost confidence in my governments ability to quickly and efficiently protect me in time of need.

I dont have much left after my boating accident though. Just an old milsurp rifle and a hipoint. Both far too deadly for any mere civilian to own.. Its best its in their hands should a law ever be passed like that, and forums like these become monitored. :rolleyes:

Why should we be reduced to lying in order to maintain an unalienable Right?

My bro' predicted that anarchy would prevail if this ever happened.

I suspect you mean chaos. Anarchy just means no ruling class, a condition that some of us happen to look forward to. :)

Of course, disarming people is an act of war.

OPSEC

I say this just for food for thought because if you do not let it be known that you do feel very strongly about these issues and are willing to stand up for your rights then they win.
Why should we be reduced to lying in order to maintain an unalienable Right?

Simple strategy, dude. You can stand on the street corner, publicly announcing your opposition like a righteous man, or you can adopt guerilla tactics, assimilate and blend with subterfuge and guile. Whack-a-mole is a fun game, but it probably sucks when you're the mole.

All PNW eyes should be turning towards Salem and Olympia... there's a storm just over the horizon. o_O

Nothing is going to occur on the national level, it's going to be at the State level, and it's coming... believe it. o_O
While I can't "like" this post, I agree wholeheartedly.

I suspect you mean chaos. Anarchy just means no ruling class, a condition that some of us happen to look forward to. :)

Of course, disarming people is an act of war.

You're right, thank you for that clarification. I suspect there would be much chaos, rioting and lawlessness, which to the individuals experiencing it first hand, will be anarchy. I believe that is why so many individuals across the US prepare for such events.

I suppose if one views the world through a drama lens you could think that a benign question of compliane, non-compliance or relocation is some scheme to get inflame or show my "rights are negotiable" as you say.

The reality is that people move all the time to get away from bad gun laws. I posted in such a thread today. Many people comply and others don't. I'm trying to get a feel where others sit.

And no, it's not that my rights are negotiable, but making six figures I'm not interested in being imprisoned and losing my right in a place like CA when I can move to MT and be legal again. I suppose if you're low income then you don't have as much to lose and are more than happy to make poor choices such as staying and being imprisoned for 10 years when you could have moved.
Not sure about the drama lens jab, seems like you are projecting.

Yes, people move away from adversity often. Sometimes it is the wise thing to do, such as bear encounters or a wildfire. Some stay and fight back, killing the bear and fighting the fire, so that others are not injured. That is the difference between re-action and action. Those that are prepared, act, those who are not, react.

As I have said many times, those that "make six figures" and are addicted to society's lavish trappings will not be those that resist tyranny. They have "too much to lose", which means they value dollars and goods over liberty and family. They won't make the "poor choice" to fight for our rights.

If I were you, I would start looking for that island soon.

All PNW eyes should be turning towards Salem and Olympia... there's a storm just over the horizon. o_O

Nothing is going to occur on the national level, it's going to be at the State level, and it's coming... believe it. o_O
You got that right. They've been busy cooking up their diabolical plans for next legislative session. I'll be voting for new blood to take office in Salem, should the elections actually occur.

Make no mistake about it, they are emboldened this time around and will not be shy about proposing all out bans and confiscation... Be prepared to spend some time in Salem, I think disruption similar to what we've seen with BLM, will be the required order of magnitude to get the necessary attention...

...then loose them all in a boating accident while bringing them home, then use the insurance money to stockpile lots of oil filters,
10 inch Pvc pipe, and install a new underground stock watering cistern at his cousin's farm.

That, however romantically appealing, is not how the insurance policies work on homeowners coverage. The insurance company reimburses you for the replacements you buy and substantiate with sales receipts. They don't just hand over checks like they do with car damage claims.

So a nice pipe dream but spoken by a source who doesn't have that kind of insurance, apparently or he'd have known this. :(

Not sure about the drama lens jab, seems like you are projecting.

Yes, people move away from adversity often. Sometimes it is the wise thing to do, such as bear encounters or a wildfire. Some stay and fight back, killing the bear and fighting the fire, so that others are not injured. That is the difference between re-action and action. Those that are prepared, act, those who are not, react.

As I have said many times, those that "make six figures" and are addicted to society's lavish trappings will not be those that resist tyranny. They have "too much to lose", which means they value dollars and goods over liberty and family. They won't make the "poor choice" to fight for our rights.

If I were you, I would start looking for that island soon.
I think that's too broad of a stroke, regarding income and lavish trappings. I know several people who easily qualify for six figure incomes and are passionate about rights, the Constitution and overreach by government. Being against more government control runs much deeper than income, has more to do with liberty and freedom. Which many see slipping away, regardless of economic status...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews