JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's say, hypothetically, that you happen to be acquainted with a lawmaker. Said lawmaker doesn't own any guns, but wants to go shooting and is interested in buying a home defense shotgun. You're a person who has said gun and hasn't shot it in over a year. You've promised yourself that you'll never sell a gun again, but you're tempted to sell this gun to this lawmaker to create a new gun owner.

Would you sell it?

Do you plan on using the shotgun for anything in the future? If no and you could easily get another in the future, I'd sell it. If you think you'd regret selling it, I'd say no.

I don't plan on selling or trading anything I acquire. Sometimes plans change.

If you suspect/know said lawmaker is an anti looking to make a statement by showing how easy it is to buy guns, I wouldn't sell them a bb gun.

Let's say, hypothetically, that you happen to be acquainted with a lawmaker. Said lawmaker doesn't own any guns, but wants to go shooting and is interested in buying a home defense shotgun. You're a person who has said gun and hasn't shot it in over a year. You've promised yourself that you'll never sell a gun again, but you're tempted to sell this gun to this lawmaker to create a new gun owner.

Would you sell it?

Depends on your history with the shotgun. I have a 1903 Winchester 1897 12 guage pump. It has been refinished in Black Chrome, and not all of the serial numbers match. Parts are so warn that it is a bit on the "sloppy" side. Common gun, not the best shape, probably haven't shot it in 30 years...BUT it did belong to my dad (who has been dead for 35 years)

I wouldn't sell, or give that shotgun to anyone. My kids can do what they want with it when I am gone. I think #1 daughter will do like me...just keep it.

If it was a shotgun I purchased myself, I probably would be open to selling it. It is perfect for HD. It is not good for going out shooting trap or skeet.

Sell the gun to him with one provision. He must offer to sell it back to you first, in case he decides he doesn't want it anymore.

Sell to him, but be sure to explain that since you personnally know him and that he is not a criminal, or bad guy of some sort that you will sell to him.

Tell him that if there was any doubt about any buyer that you would not sell to them.

I've known him since we were 12, he mentioned wanting a shotgun the last time we talked but didn't ask me to sell one to him, that was my idea. I'm debating selling it to get a different firearm accessory, so I thought of him first.

I've known him since we were 12, he mentioned wanting a shotgun the last time we talked but didn't ask me to sell one to him, that was my idea. I'm debating selling it to get a different firearm accessory, so I thought of him first.

So sell it, while its still legal to do so. And converting just one more law maker/politician (same/same) to a gun owner is worth its weight in gold.

This would be an excellent opportunity for the lawmaker to learn exactly what is involved in purchasing a firearm in the state of Oregon.

I STRONGLY suggest you take him shooting if he is still interested in purchasing a shotgun after the range time. Drive him to BiMart, Sportsmans, The local gun shop etc. And stand next to him while he goes through the paper work and BGC just like all the rest of humanity has to.

He will be getting a New warrantied firearm and will learn a valuable lesson.

This would be an excellent opportunity for the lawmaker to learn exactly what is involved in purchasing a firearm in the state of Oregon.

I STRONGLY suggest you take him shooting if he is still interested in purchasing a shotgun after the range time. Drive him to BiMart, Sportsmans, The local gun shop etc. And stand next to him while he goes through the paper work and BGC just like all the rest of humanity has to.

Good point. +1 to you.

Good point.

Go with him late on a Sunday and hope he gets delayed by some OSP phone monkey looking to get off work early.

If this person truly is a lawmaker you need to see their history on how they have voted in their respective chamber, most lawmakers are traitors...... especially liberals....... and are therefore "prohibited persons". just think

I would start with talking about what he wanted it for (Only HD, or does he want a sporting arm too), then off to take him shooting. Bring you shotgun, let him shoot it, and if he goes "ya, this is what I thinking about" then offer to sell him yours. If yours isn't exactly what he wants, figure out what does fit his particular needs and offer to take him to a dealer.

His idea of a shotgun might be more along the lines of a 1930's Browning Superposed rather than a 2013 pump or semi-auto. You never know unless he tried and you ask. Then again, the Remmy might be exactly what he wants?

if he really wants one and you want to get rig of one, sell it to him and if there is any question on motives just go through a ffl. no bypassing laws (even though ftf isn't bypassing any laws) or showing how easy it is to get one. problem solved.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top