JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you sell to

• NRA member

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • CCW holder only

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Anyone legal

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • whoever shows up in the parking lot

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
It's a CYA. (Cover your bubblegum). Not a bad idea if you're afraid of the potential for problems.

I'll sell to anyone legal. If I get a bad vibe from the person I won't sell. I need money less than hassles.

nope, tats are fine. they have to be able to speak proper English, not have excessive amounts of chains, not hold the gun gangster style, and seem to know something about guns (as in checking to make sure it's empty and not pointing at me)

How do you check whether the person you're dealing with is "Anyone legal"?

Also, beyond legal considerations, what are your civil liabilities (i.e. getting sued) in a transaction like this?

when the baseball cap is sideways the belt line in their crouch and their pant legs arrive two steps after they do its not going to be a sale. NRA membership is a good way to stay out of trouble because while it is true that felons can join i'll bet the one thing cops never find in one of their wallets is a membership card.

I found this on another Firearms site

Bill of Sale
Transfer of Ownership

For $______ received, I, (seller’s name here), have sold to (buyer's name here)
One (1) ABC Model XYZ firearm description here, Serial # _____________
Any other accessories here

I represent that this ___________ is not stolen. I am the owner of the _______ listed above. If it can be shown now or in the future that this _______ was stolen prior to the date listed below, I will give the buyer a full refund for return of the _______ and all accessories listed above.

Sold as is.
No warranty is expressed or implied by the Seller.
Seller assumes no responsibility after transfer of ownership has taken place.
Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all aftermarket parts added to the ___________.
Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all original equipment parts on the ________.
Buyer assumes all responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place.

Seller specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose of this ________ and disclaims all responsibility for consequential and/or incidental damages or any other losses arising from the use of said _________.

Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth and listed on this document, and acknowledges that he has received a true copy of this Bill of Sale/Transfer of Ownership and certifies that he is 21 years of age or older. Buyer acknowledges and understands that he will read the Owner’s Manual. Buyer agrees that it will be his responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place to adjust, check, and follow all instructions as outlined in the Owner’s Manual. Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms.

Buyer: Name Here
Seller: Name Here

Date:_________________________

Buyer: _____________________________
Address:____________________________
Phone #: ____________________________
Seller: ______________________________
Address: ____________________________

(just copy paste and fill in the blanks)

I modified it for making trades

Bill of Trade
Transfer of Ownership

For Trade received, I, Trader #1 _______________________ ,
have traded to Trader #2 ____________________
One (1) ___________________________________________, Serial # _____________
With other accessories listed here:

For (1) _________________________________________________________________
With other accessories listed here:

I represent that this __________ is not stolen. I am the owner of the _______ listed above. If it can be shown now or in the future that this _________ was stolen prior to the date listed below, I will give the buyer a full refund of trade for return of the _________ in the same condition as traded and all accessories listed above.

Sold as is.
No warranty is expressed or implied by the Seller.
Seller assumes no responsibility after transfer of ownership has taken place.
Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all aftermarket parts added to the _______________.
Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all original equipment parts on the _______________.
Buyer assumes all responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place.

Seller specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose of this __________ and disclaims all responsibility for consequential and/or incidental damages or any other losses arising from the use of said ____________.

Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth and listed on this document, and acknowledges that he has received a true copy of this Bill of Sale/Transfer of Ownership and certifies that he is 18 years of age or older. Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms.

Date:_________________________

Trader #1:_______________________________________________
Address:_________________________________________________
ODL# ______________________________
CCW# ______________________________
Signature________________________________________________

Trader #2: _______________________________________________
Address: ________________________________________________
ODL#________________________________
CCW#_______________________________

Signature____________________________________________________________

I agree, a Bill of Sale and Transfer of Ownership is the way to go.

I also agree with wichaka, the NRA will let anyone join. Also, it seems that of late, they are more interested in the money membership brings, than your rights. If this wasn't true, we wouldn't be worrying about Obama and his disreguard for the 2nd ammenment.

That said, I further agree that back-round checks are OK. The problem is that those that can't 'pass' the back-round check are going to seek out those selling guns privately. This makes it all the more disconcerning for responsible individuals to sell their firearm, and not worry that it is going to fall into the hands of someone with bad intentions. Because you KNOW, that if a firearm bought by you from a dealer, is ever part of a criminal investigation, YOU are going to be detained and interviewed! That would be tough for me, as I have a hard time remembering what I did, or where I was, yesterday, let alone a month ago, between 8 and 11 pm. <]~)

A Federal Transfer of Ownership, for all firearms, would be a better idea.

And all firearm ownership records should be completely secure, confidential and completely private.

Frog.

I've sold face to face, over the net, and at gun shows. I'll sell to anyone who can legally own a firearm but will sell only to jurisdictions where it's legal to own that firearm.

That being said, I can understand why some collectors would want to keep something in the NRA family...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top