JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would miss it for sure.
Ive been a member here *almost* since its inception.

Sometimes I post frequently other times I hang out in the classifieds.

I maintain a bronze membership and will go higher of I can. Ill offer things for sale in classifieds at a lower price to supporting members, etc.

NWFA is a unique place. Plenty of active topics and busy classifieds. Also provides an excellent rally point for political matters too.

I've found that on some subjects, opposing views and opinions are not welcome here...

This is because in many posts you have taken very anti-gun positions. Most all of us here view gun control as arbitrary and as something that has failed over and over again even as politicians and activists double down on them and try to one up each other in how extreme they can go.

So when we see ourselves constantly having to defend against our rights being chipped away piece by piece ... and one among us suggests that there is nothing wrong with that chipping or that we are overreacting ... of course we will push back.

Its like joining a Chevy forum and trying to convince them they should be driving Fords.

Nothing necessarily wrong with voicing your opinions... I dont mind sharpening my messaging with a little debate.
But you cant get upset about it or be surprised by those reactions.... this is, afterall, a gun enthusiast site in a very anti-gun region

I am active member at seven or more other gun related sites, I support a few of them. NWFA is my Home Page, the average content here is much more interesting than other places. I seek informed information not "I heard it thru the grapevine" information or plain rumors. More comfortable here.

Suggestion: Have we ever considered opening up a section of the Classifieds for "Supporting Auction" listings? EG, somebody puts up an item, pledges to donate the proceeds to NWFA, highest bidder gets it as soon as Joe Link confirms pledge money received?

Suggestion: Have we ever considered opening up a section of the Classifieds for "Supporting Auction" listings? EG, somebody puts up an item, pledges to donate the proceeds to NWFA, highest bidder gets it as soon as Joe Link confirms pledge money received?
I have some things my wife would want me to auction off, and have 100% of proceeds go to the NWFA

Another fundraising suggestion would be a Merch Shop on CafePress. It's print-on-demand so no need for expensive inventory, IIRC, you just set it up and for a cut of the take they run it as the orders come in.

This is because in many posts you have taken very anti-gun positions. Most all of us here view gun control as arbitrary and as something that has failed over and over again even as politicians and activists double down on them and try to one up each other in how extreme they can go.

So when we see ourselves constantly having to defend against our rights being chipped away piece by piece ... and one among us suggests that there is nothing wrong with that chipping or that we are overreacting ... of course we will push back.

Its like joining a Chevy forum and trying to convince them they should be driving Fords.

Nothing necessarily wrong with voicing your opinions... I dont mind sharpening my messaging with a little debate.
But you cant get upset about it or be surprised by those reactions.... this is, afterall, a gun enthusiast site in a very anti-gun region

This says it pretty darned good! A person MUST KNOW that if they come on and tell THIS group they believe it's okay to limit mag size that it's not going to go over well. I would suggest that if an intelligent person knows that, maybe they should keep it to themselves. On the other hand, this has to be THE best fire arms enthusiasts site in the Northwest, maybe the West coast? Any one asking questions here has a vast number of firearm knowledgeable people that literally JUMP at the chance to give good info to noobs with what might seem to be the silliest questions for the seasoned gun owner.

I don't know what I'd do without this site. I visit daily. I KNOW that if I have a question about anything fire arm related that I can get answers quick. And I get pretty much all of my news regarding firearms here. I'm intelligent enough to sort through what I read and get a good idea of what really IS truth. It's certainly 100 times better that the TV news. :s0170:

A person just has to consider that there are pretty strong beliefs held here. Once in a while your going to step in something maybe you wish you hadn't. I would advise a person lets it go and moves on. I don't mean leave the board. I mean let it go. It's not worth getting panties in a bunch and leaving. There are still several hundred + + that will jump on a question any person has with a proper answer.

In my short time as a firearms enthusiast, nine years, I learned it really is true that "An Armed Society IS a Polite Society"!

HALLELUJAH! HOLT SH*T!
WHERE'S THE TYLENOL!

Clark W. Griswold

The old program had a donation goal meter visable to everyone. I don't see it anymore . It might have helped. The cartel in Salem raping everyone doesn't help.

As a refinement, maybe only do auctions once a quarter
The old program had a donation goal meter visable to everyone. I don't see it anymore . It might have helped. The cartel in Salem raping everyone doesn't help.
Right sidebar, says we're at 36% for the month. Too bad we can't get NWFA chartered as an educational charity, so some of us might be able to file for gift-matching from employers... *stares pointedly at Boeing gift-matching program*

The donation sale has always perplexed me and has been a whisper away at times.

On the other hand, this has to be THE best fire arms enthusiasts site in the Northwest, maybe the West coast? Any one asking questions here has a vast number of firearm knowledgeable people that literally JUMP at the chance to give good info to noobs with what might seem to be the silliest questions for the seasoned gun owner.
This is so true! On and off the forum.

a shooting partner today at the speed steel was made. Introduced her to NWFA, we stated after and shot a bunch. I hope that my son and I made a good impression and we will see them on the forum or at the range again!

A group of helpful and likeminded individuals centered around the 2nd Amendment.

The donation sale has always perplexed me and has been a whisper away at times.
Not so complicated, just something like this sample OP:
Tossing up this scope I no longer need, [details go here], bidding starts at $[price]. Best donation offer to NWFA by end of the month gets it.
And then have the bids posted right in that thread. Last bid before deadline gets the goodies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top