JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too would miss all (well maybe not all) of you blokes if the unthinkable happened.

I'm in the same boat monetarily (unintentional pun not intentional) as others here have mentioned, on that note I will reserve a seat in my boat for a 2019 Coho trip on the Chehalis River.
This offer is for members of this community and 1 guest (or two with advanced notice) for the price of a bronze membership donation to the site.
:s0132::s0132::s0132::s0132::s0132::s0132::s0132:
We'll played Jim, thank you Sir.

It would be too bad if the site folded, but to be honest, for myself, I probably wouldn't miss it that much or for that long. I do not post on here that much any more, or even spend much time on here because I've found that on some subjects, opposing views and opinions are not welcome here... and on some subjects, I'm definitely not a member of the choir.

Even in the relatively short time I've been a member of this site, I've seen a change in the number of posts and a shift from a more diverse group of posters covering many areas to one that is not as informational or friendly as it was when I joined. Over the last 30 years I've been on hundreds of forums of different subjects and interests and ran a number of them myself and changes like this are not unique to just this forum. All of them change over time, sometimes multiple times as they get better, worse or stagnate. It's just the nature of the media and how we humans change over the years.

I have supported this site a number of times but I'm still debating about my continued support or if I do, how much. I only check out a few of the areas on here any more and even when I see a thread I'd like to post on (especially here in the General Firearm Discussion area), I usually decide not too. I guess as I've gotten older, I'm not so much into stirring the pot as I once was or maybe I've learned that sometimes it just isn't worth the effort.

I debated with myself for some time about posting in this thread, but finally decided to, even though I know it's not the type of response that was wanted, but for myself, this is why I haven't jumped in with a donation so far this time. Just to be clear, the site still has some good information and good people on here, I just do not spend as much time or get as much benefit or enjoyment from the site as I use to.

Mike

It would be too bad if the site folded, but to be honest, for myself, I probably wouldn't miss it that much or for that long. I do not post on here that much any more, or even spend much time on here because I've found that on some subjects, opposing views and opinions are not welcome here... and on some subjects, I'm definitely not a member of the choir.

Even in the relatively short time I've been a member of this site, I've seen a change in the number of posts and a shift from a more diverse group of posters covering many areas to one that is not as informational or friendly as it was when I joined. Over the last 30 years I've been on hundreds of forums of different subjects and interests and ran a number of them myself and changes like this are not unique to just this forum. All of them change over time, sometimes multiple times as they get better, worse or stagnate. It's just the nature of the media and how we humans change over the years.

I have supported this site a number of times but I'm still debating about my continued support or if I do, how much. I only check out a few of the areas on here any more and even when I see a thread I'd like to post on (especially here in the General Firearm Discussion area), I usually decide not too. I guess as I've gotten older, I'm not so much into stirring the pot as I once was or maybe I've learned that sometimes it just isn't worth the effort.

I debated with myself for some time about posting in this thread, but finally decided to, even though I know it's not the type of response that was wanted, but for myself, this is why I haven't jumped in with a donation so far this time. Just to be clear, the site still has some good information and good people on here, I just do not spend as much time or get as much benefit or enjoyment from the site as I use to.

Mike
Appreciate the feedback and I thank you for giving it.

i wouldn't miss the constant complaining about politics and sh!t.

I would venture to guess MOST of us here are against new laws. So WTF is the point in complaining about them daily here at NWFA?

Preaching to the choir comes to mind.

I just paid & upgraded my status to bronze supporter. I come here almost every day so bout time.

I use an ad blocker and I do that because I dont like waiting for the ads to load, not because I don't want to see the advertisers who advertise here.

I do go and check out the supporting vender section of the forums to check and see if there is anything I am interested in.

Concerning this website and memberships or paid supporters and getting them I have a few suggestions. If any of the staff or Joe wants to here them, contact me and I'll reply including why I might be qualified to make suggestions, if you wish to know that.

Any one who might read this and wants to become a member/supporter, click the "donate" button on the right side column and scroll to the bottom of the donate page. This is where the Member/Supporter levels and buttons for each are located. :D

~

Mike

Being a member and lurker on other forums, I actually come here because its way more mild and accepting than other sites. In some other sites, the information is much better and given based on experience. But, a serious arrogance comes with that.

A site that I follow is more hunting focused and those guys know their rifles like you wouldn't see anywhere else. Admitting to using a factory rifle made after 1964 would get you a lot of grief. Anything after that date had better be a custom of some type.

Other sites are so "training" or "prepping" focused that it takes the fun out of it for me. I enjoy a nice rifle or handgun and I like to learn and talk to other about the same thing. I enjoy shooting. But when collecting guns and shooting is only a means to being ready for a civil war, it becomes a tiring and stressful subject.

I get it.

Being a member and lurker on other forums, I actually come here because its way more mild and accepting than other sites. In some other sites, the information is much better and given based on experience. But, a serious arrogance comes with that.

A site that I follow is more hunting focused and those guys know their rifles like you wouldn't see anywhere else. Admitting to using a factory rifle made after 1964 would get you a lot of grief. Anything after that date had better be a custom of some type.

Other sites are so "training" or "prepping" focused that it takes the fun out of it for me. I enjoy a nice rifle or handgun and I like to learn and talk to other about the same thing. I enjoy shooting. But when collecting guns and shooting is only a means to being ready for a civil war, it becomes a tiring and stressful subject.

I get it.

Gun owners are :s0049::s0066::s0124:

This site is pretty chilled. Others are either gucci tier 1 armchair operators or old fudd lore.

But one thing is consistent.

Most of us are more independently minded. We are willing to kill our own food and be our own defense. Many of us were in the military or in some other capacity that cultivated our mindsets. It lends to being more contrary.

This site is way better than hanging out at gun shows like I did growing up. Some of you guys are stinky!

Yo but this place doesn't have the dank jerky!

My response to @Mike97124 and @Kruel J. First for Mike, I am sorry that you feel that you are not getting what you used to out of this site. All opinions should be welcome IMHO. For Kruel J, I really respect most of the stuff that you post. I too am tired of members complaining about new laws, but I do want to know what is going on in the world of anti gun laws. I use this site to find out what is going on in the world that affects my gun rights since I don't watch TV News or read the Paper anymore - as if I could get the truth from them.

With that said, come on members, lets get back to supporting this site. What I have seen so far from the 42,000 or so members is sad. Are we in a recession that I haven't heard about. Is money tight for everyone?

Against my wife's wishes and our retirement budget, I am donating $100. Also, remember that I have two boxes of 9mm Black Talon ammo for sale in the classifieds with proceeds going to NWFA. ROCK ON NWFA:s0003:

You guys are incredible! Before this thread we were at 42% and I thought we were done. Now we're at 55% and we've nearly doubled the prize pool!

Thanks again for all of your support :s0155:

i wouldn't miss the constant complaining about politics and sh!t.

I would venture to guess MOST of us here are against new laws. So WTF is the point in complaining about them daily here at NWFA?

Preaching to the choir comes to mind.

Sorry (not) the constant complaining about politics and sh!t.

Maybe we are trying to get more "so called gun owners" to look outside the box to see the damage their side has done....:s0092:

Come on folks, there's fish in the Chehalis!!!!

New shooter, gun owner, CCL holder and forum member. Just like my motorcycle forums I come here for the information and leave what I don't care for. I can usually tell by the thread title what I am interested in. Thanks to the work done by the stalwarts here, new people need good information and being local is an obvious bonus. Dipping my foot with the Bronze membership this time.

My guns: Glock 48 (new), and new to me Walther PPQ M2 4", 9mm. Wife has a G43X.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top