JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is so true! On and off the forum.

a shooting partner today at the speed steel was made. Introduced her to NWFA, we stated after and shot a bunch. I hope that my son and I made a good impression and we will see them on the forum or at the range again!

A group of helpful and likeminded individuals centered around the 2nd Amendment.

What I see a lot of when I speak to people about NWFA are people that don't get onto ANY online media/discussion forums. It doesn't make sense to me? If you have a question/need information regarding something firearm related, digging into the web, or reference books could take a lot of time. Throwing it out HERE gets the attention of hundreds of people withing a few hours. And good lord, a site like Gunboards.com, they get thousands of looks, from other countries even.

I guess I find it much more satisfying having a live person respond to a question, or getting links to sites that will help.

Not so complicated, just something like this sample OP:

And then have the bids posted right in that thread. Last bid before deadline gets the goodies.

This sounds like fun! Would there be a way to link a timer to a persons auction post? Such as 24, 48, 72 hours. 7 days? The thread would lock after the chosen time with the winning members name and final bid of the auction. Just think, members rummaging around trying to find stuff that they've had for years and really should have gotten rid of it years ago. :D

What I see a lot of when I speak to people about NWFA are people that don't get onto ANY online media/discussion forums. It doesn't make sense to me
Well if you spend anytime around online forums most are pretty toxic. I don't get that here and it is why I stick around. There really is only one name here that I have noticed typically will defend his opinion to the death.

Well if you spend anytime around online forums most are pretty toxic. I don't get that here and it is why I stick around. There really is only one name here that I have noticed typically will defend his opinion to the death.

But ya' know what? You just don't read those peeps if they annoy you. I despise parts of the Portland area. I just don't go to those parts. Here, there are waaaay too many good people to worry about the few that are abrasive.

But ya' know what? You just don't read those peeps if they annoy you. I despise parts of the Portland area. I just don't go to those parts. Here, there are waaaay too many good people to worry about the few that are abrasive.
There aren't really any people on here that I avoid It has became one of my favorite reading sources.

You cannot have this many people in a forum without having opposing views on almost any subject. Everyone gets to have an opinion on any subject, even if they have the only positive/negative view on the subject. In the same vein anyone can disagree with said opinion, but no one should denigrate someone because they disagree. You know, being the last person to make a comment doesn't mean you win the argument! Just don't argue with a disagreeable person and move on. (You are not required to have them over for dinner!!) Life will go on no matter who "wins".

I would miss it. I love the classifieds, it gives me a chance to sell things to locals and people that are more often than not great to deal with. It saves money on having to ship firearms all over the country and I've met some great people on the forums. I love the input from the local community. That's why I donate to the cause, probably not as much as I should but I try.

I would rather see it fade away. I do use, and appreciate, the classifieds section from time to time. I did support this website at one time. Honestly, I think the attention drawn to shooting areas on public land is what has done the most damage in my eyes. For many years before NWFA, we have been quietly shooting at our favorite spots, leaving no trace. The attention brought on by certain members, the maps, signs, etc... has been a travesty. It's the reason I am no longer willing to support this website.

I would rather see it fade away. I do use, and appreciate, the classifieds section from time to time. I did support this website at one time. Honestly, I think the attention drawn to shooting areas on public land is what has done the most damage in my eyes. For many years before NWFA, we have been quietly shooting at our favorite spots, leaving no trace. The attention brought on by certain members, the maps, signs, etc... has been a travesty. It's the reason I am no longer willing to support this website.

People have been crapping up shooting sites since man invented guns. NWFA has nothing to do with it. More people with less space to shoot, and a lack of respect for the outdoors are more to blame than anyone posting info on a shooting spot. If you'd rather keep your secret spot than encourage some new shooters to actually practice with their guns in an affordable way that's certainly your prerogative. But don't lay the blame for sloppy manners with NWFA members -- who regularly organize cleanups BTW.

People have been crapping up shooting sites since man invented guns. NWFA has nothing to do with it. More people with less space to shoot, and a lack of respect for the outdoors are more to blame than anyone posting info on a shooting spot. If you'd rather keep your secret spot than encourage some new shooters to actually practice with their guns in an affordable way that's certainly your prerogative. But don't lay the blame for sloppy manners with NWFA members -- who regularly organize cleanups BTW.
This. Also not introducing new people to the field and teaching them the RIGHT way is how our numbers are gradually reduced through attrition, which is prcisely what Turd Ferguson and all his kiddie-diddling Demofascist pals are banking on.

That's the damndest reason I've ever heard of to want NWFA to go away. Wow.

I like the information about shooting on public lands, at least here you will most likely get sensible responses to questions about where to shoot. The people out blasting away and screwing up public lands are the not the types to ask questions on an online forum, the pretty much don't think the rules apply to them and friendly advice is usually lost on them. At least here if you ask where to shoot you will be directed to a location that's reasonably safe except for the aforementioned idiots.

Well, if enough of us go out there and clean up a little of whats been left behind it will be just fine.

I usually try to take a garbage can out for my own targets, etc.... But when I go, I always top off the can with whatever is lying around.

Can bubblegum about it or do something about it.

If there was EVER a site that's very existence runs counter to the NIMBY mindset, I haven't found it.

For the record, no one here knows exactly where I shoot, and I neither use or seek public access.

I have, however, learned a great deal this year from this site and the members here.

NWFA has been a valuable resource and an entertaining and informative hang.

Just my 0.02

If there was EVER a site that's very existence runs counter to the NIMBY mindset, I haven't found it.

For the record, no one here knows exactly where I shoot, and I neither use or seek public access.

I have, however, learned a great deal this year from this site and the members here.

NWFA has been a valuable resource and an entertaining and informative hang.

Just my 0.02

I'm usually good for a laugh. Or a destroyed keyboard depending on my mood. :D

That's the damndest reason I've ever heard of to want NWFA to go away. Wow.

Ditto. It is rare a post actually stuns me, but that one did it.

As for people trashing public lands, I can assure the dear reader that it occurs on private property too, as I routinely find crap left behind by trespassers. Jackasses will live up to their reputation regardless of what information is out there.

As for people trashing public lands, I can assure the dear reader that it occurs on private property too, as I routinely find crap left behind by trespassers. Jackasses will live up to their reputation regardless of what information is out there.

More laws will fix it.

:D

The owners of the property where I shoot had NO IDEA the amount of 'targets', spent casings and other crud was being left on their place until I started giving them weekly updates, with pics.

That's right. I actually clean up after the owner's family!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top