JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As you all know it takes a lot of time, effort and money to keep a site like NWFA running and Joe Link puts in tireless hours to keep NWFA what it is. So when our semi-annual fundraiser has 6 days to go and we're at 42% of the goal it should give us pause...

Most can't imagine how challenging it is to get ad revenue for a gun site such as NWFA in today's climate, so NWFA counts on members to help fund the operations, w/o these funds the possibility of another gun website falling to the wayside becomes a reality.

So to those that get benefit from this site who've yet to invest in keeping a local pro-gun site viable, would you conder the bronze membership?

The Bronze is $30 per year or .08 cents per day, is the value you receive worth .08 cents per day?

Come on folks, time to cough up at least a Bronze membership, it's just sacrificing a couple of boxes of ammo. Let get this funding issue behind us and break the meter for JoeLink, dude deserves our undying support...

NWFA is my "Internet home" and I spend more time on this site, easily, than on any other. (I"ve been online, in some form or fashion, since the late 80s and I simply cannot name another community, past or present, like this one.)

And @DB Wesner is correct; it takes a lot of time and funds to keep things humming along here. A hearty thank you to anyone who can pitch in. :)

Yes, I would miss it. It gives me a venue for exercising my 1A rights about 2A, etc.

I came here from another, similar site that slowly died out to nothing. But this one is quite active.

Recently, I answered the call for donations. I had no idea what the various donor levels equated to. I sent a check for $25. Just a little while ago, I clicked on one of those "supporter" icons and it took me to an explanation. So turns out I sent $5 short of Bronze. I guess I'm a "tin" level supporter.

Yes, I would miss it. It gives me a venue for exercising my 1A rights about 2A, etc.

I came here from another, similar site that slowly died out to nothing. But this one is quite active.

Recently, I answered the call for donations. I had no idea what the various donor levels equated to. I sent a check for $25. Just a little while ago, I clicked on one of those "supporter" icons and it took me to an explanation. So turns out I sent $5 short of Bronze. I guess I'm a "tin" level supporter.
Nah, You're Bronze brother.

If this site goes down do we have a rally point to meet up and continue the antics in?

Say a pub or a good range (that has crab legs)

I just invision a lil pub fulla buncha VFW types badgery old men talkin bout them good ol days and cracking jokes on each other. Like clint eastwood from gran torino.

There has been discussions among members on this site and off of this site that really should make a lot of us wake up to what is going on in America. Let's look back at a few of these former outlets on the internet where we used to be able to buy and sell.

• OutdoorsTrader: came and gone. Was a basic site but it failed as it had no real income stream.
  • Armslist: It is around still but does anyone use it much with all of the advertising on every page? Scammers are everywhere and it makes it hard to find and meet up with people in your area. Do you trust somebody with no way to seeing their feedback?
  • Facebook: We used to use that as a hanging out spot but as of the last few years there has been heavy handed crackdown to where it is now almost impossible to sell anything firearm related (even gun cases).
  • Gunbroker: Sure, we can put an item up for auction, have it go out of state. Everything is pushing towards being paid with electronic means and that fits right with the Gunbroker method. The seller wants to secure funds before shipping and there are scammers out there too. Some of us want to deal in cash and cash only.
  • AR15.com: Again, you are not dealing all the time with somebody local and there are a LOT of people who are not into AR's, not to mention there is a different community on that site. AR15.com is not as broad spectrum nor is it limited to the Pacific Northwest like Northwest Firearms.
This leaves us with little options. Northwest Firearms is community sponsored, yes, that means YOU the individual in the firearm community. The outreach is as organic and grass roots as possible. There are no TV ads, there are no paid spokesmen, no. It's you the individual in the 2nd Amendment community who finds value in the ability to discuss firearm related topics, get help with questions on how to do something you've always wanted to try (maybe reloading), to learn the process on how to obtain a suppressor without being belittled. This community is what has kept me here since 2010, I've shared my triumphs and failures along with passing along insight and sometimes opinions that do not go along with the majority; but I've stayed and continued to support this site through content and financial giving. It is that important to me.

I would issue a challenge to all of the members on this site. I ask that you look at what you have gained from Northwest Firearms and make a contribution equal to the knowledge you picked up along the way. Everyone has a journey in life and I know that some have a journey that may be based on ramen and tap water but there are some who have pinot grigio and caviar. I will continue my support because there is an absolute WEALTH of knowledge on every subject related to firearms on this forum that we cannot lose for future generations.

If you are a supporter already, please consider sponsoring somebody who makes you chuckle with comments or somebody who stirred you to rethink a topic from a different perspective. Many individuals on this forum have been gifted memberships not because there is some status associated, it's because another here has found it important to support Northwest Firearms throughout the year.

So please, take a day or two and really think about how important it is to have a forum that is local and supports your belief of the 2nd Amendment.

There has been discussions among members on this site and off of this site that really should make a lot of us wake up to what is going on in America. Let's look back at a few of these former outlets on the internet where we used to be able to buy and sell.

• OutdoorsTrader: came and gone. Was a basic site but it failed as it had no real income stream.
  • Armslist: It is around still but does anyone use it much with all of the advertising on every page? Scammers are everywhere and it makes it hard to find and meet up with people in your area. Do you trust somebody with no way to seeing their feedback?
  • Facebook: We used to use that as a hanging out spot but as of the last few years there has been heavy handed crackdown to where it is now almost impossible to sell anything firearm related (even gun cases).
  • Gunbroker: Sure, we can put an item up for auction, have it go out of state. Everything is pushing towards being paid with electronic means and that fits right with the Gunbroker method. The seller wants to secure funds before shipping and there are scammers out there too. Some of us want to deal in cash and cash only.
  • AR15.com: Again, you are not dealing all the time with somebody local and there are a LOT of people who are not into AR's, not to mention there is a different community on that site. AR15.com is not as broad spectrum nor is it limited to the Pacific Northwest like Northwest Firearms.
This leaves us with little options. Northwest Firearms is community sponsored, yes, that means YOU the individual in the firearm community. The outreach is as organic and grass roots as possible. There are no TV ads, there are no paid spokesmen, no. It's you the individual in the 2nd Amendment community who finds value in the ability to discuss firearm related topics, get help with questions on how to do something you've always wanted to try (maybe reloading), to learn the process on how to obtain a suppressor without being belittled. This community is what has kept me here since 2010, I've shared my triumphs and failures along with passing along insight and sometimes opinions that do not go along with the majority; but I've stayed and continued to support this site through content and financial giving. It is that important to me.

I would issue a challenge to all of the members on this site. I ask that you look at what you have gained from Northwest Firearms and make a contribution equal to the knowledge you picked up along the way. Everyone has a journey in life and I know that some have a journey that may be based on ramen and tap water but there are some who have pinot grigio and caviar. I will continue my support because there is an absolute WEALTH of knowledge on every subject related to firearms on this forum that we cannot lose for future generations.

If you are a supporter already, please consider sponsoring somebody who makes you chuckle with comments or somebody who stirred you to rethink a topic from a different perspective. Many individuals on this forum have been gifted memberships not because there is some status associated, it's because another here has found it important to support Northwest Firearms throughout the year.

So please, take a day or two and really think about how important it is to have a forum that is local and supports your belief of the 2nd Amendment.

Wow.... didn't I basically say all of that in TWO sentences above? o_O

;):D:s0140:

Dont forget to add NWFA to a whitelist on your ad blockers etc. You can keep trackers blocked but at least grant the site ad rev without compromising your safety. This works on mobile and desktop. Just allow NWFA or disable it specifically for this site. Would help go a ways.

I Don't want this to go away I'm on here almost every day. So this is the only way I can help right now!I
don't have money right now but I did put up 3 25.00 Cabelas gift card for a Silver member ship to me So everyone is a winner the ad is in non firearms under help support NWFA.
Stacy
You Rock...Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews