JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. I have never heard of a 30 day wonder other than a book about aliens invading earth. I have heard of a 90 Day Wonder (90 Day Blunder) which were 2nd Lt.s that had gone through a crash training course of 90 days to become officers and gentlemen during WWII. It had nothing to do with life expectancy though.

On 28th August 1984, I walked into the room as a Warrant Officer First Class [WO1], 'left the Army' for about two minutes 'thinking about it' time, and then accepted the Queen's Commission, mainly because of all the nice things the commissioning warrant said about me. It also had her signature at the bottom. :)

My previous Warrant was my promotion to Warrant Officer Second Class [WO2] but that was only signed by the Secretary of State for Defence.

On 28th August 1984, I walked into the room as a Warrant Officer First Class [WO1], 'left the Army' for about two minutes 'thinking about it' time, and then accepted the Queen's Commission, mainly because of all the nice things the commissioning warrant said about me. It also had her signature at the bottom. :)

My previous Warrant was my promotion to Warrant Officer Second Class [WO2] but that was only signed by the Secretary of State for Defence.

Good for you! How many years total did you serve?

Incredible looking 1911! If I had one and all was in good condition, I would shoot it regularly!

Regarding your issue with ejected brass being thrown toward your face or on top of your head, a worn out or broken ejector could be the culprit; I had the same issue in an ATI 1911 and the front tip of the ejector had completely sheared off, but was not immediately noticeable until a complete inspection of the pistol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top