JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about a rifle this....Gowdy.....:s0140:

gun22n-1-web.jpg

While I'm not a fan of the drum magazine, I think the other parts have great attention to detail without significantly detracting too much. Shoot the fsck out of it for sure..

I would prefer the gun in the original post over the wood AR furniture that Medic showed.

The break apart shotgun with the dog scene - I like it, but it's not my style.
The bedazzled pistols - not so much for me. Kind of in the same vein as stippling for me.
Seahawks AR - not so much, but again, the attention to detail is top notch.
Hi-Point - not so much (beyond aesthetic reasons)

However, to each their own.

I guess I just don't worry too much about how other people dress. That's the mentality that drove me out of church.

The Krylon-special Hi-Points or Sigs are just a joke, and require no attention. When I think of the pimped up guns that this thread was about, I think of the OP's photo that he posted, or maybe I think of commemorative guns. Either way, I have no interest in commemoratives. They are a money pit that never gain in value, but they're still too pretty to shoot. All the more reason I would buy one just to shoot! I could be all the rage at the range with a black-walnut stocked AR, or one with a gold dust cover, and then actually shoot it, just to watch the holier-than thou's mouths drop open.

Engraved guns, however, definitely float my boat. You guys wouldn't like them, and that's quite okay with me.

As another esteemed member said, "whatever floats your boat".:cool:

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Replacing the wood, jeweling the bolt, and polishing out the tooling marks is an entirely different story. That isn't gold plating the dust cover, trigger, forward assist, etc. That is gaudy, flashy and IMO makes the rifle look as if it's a cheap toy, rather than a functional piece of machinery.

If you "chrome plate" gun parts, they resist heat dissipation. What's the point?

No thanks.

Ahh but if you do hard chrome they resist corrosion far better than "electroless nickel"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top