JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TJ can also do custom blue SIG pistols for guys too:

TealChromeSig245.jpg

The Hello Kitty SIG P226 from TJ's Custom Gunworks is one of my all time favorites. It would be interesting to see who the actual owner of this handgun is. TJ has it on display on his website, as an illustration of the kinds of customization that he can do to a handgun.

No doubt some people would think that it is an abomination to do something like this to a SIG. Although I thought that the little purple hearts and purple controls were a nice touch.

I have no idea how much all of this customization work costs. Embedding all of the sparkly crystals and glitter into the grips must have been painstaking work.

View attachment 311699

Will need a crocheted gun cozy.

People have been decorating firearms for forever.
I have guns that are inlayed , carved , have tacks etc ...

But to my eye "non-gun" colors like pink , or bright electric blue etc...make the gun look toy like to me.
I always give a gun the respect it deserves regardless of what color it is.
But I wonder what if it looks toy like to others and if they fail to think of it as a "real gun".
I also do not like the few examples that I have seen of guns that were bright safety orange in color.

I'm not saying that these colors or purple hearts and such should not be used.
It's your gun ... Just that I don't like the idea.
*Edit for pre-coffee typing.
Andy

Last Edited:
No, thank you. That stuff on an AR reminds me of a Hot Pink, 1976 Cadillac El Dorado with white sidewall tires, white, long hair steering wheel and seat covers. (That includes the gold capped incisors). :rolleyes: o_O :p

I like custom cars, motorcycles , trucks... whatever someones wants to make a one of a kind. Personalizing ANY thing shows you actually give crap about it. and probably take care of it , and possibly know how use the damn thing.
Stock sucks, especially with cars.
My AR has grey and tan and black parts!:eek: I think its cool.
My truck is lifted and has a custom front end(gasp!)... You may hate it.
My 1969 Mach 1 is lowered with 18s and has some custom details that arent "stock". But it is my style, not yours.
I think all the customizing can lead to some real innovation with mechanical design improvements, and maybe new ergonomic break through.
I mean , holy cow! a FLAT trigger on an AR15!?! what? Burn the heretic!
If you want a red gun, own that muther-trucker! But if you show up with a two tone AR to a class full of "operators" , then be ready to "operate" - what ever that is...

I had a .30 Carbine once that I had all of the tool marks smoothed off of the barrel, the bolt jeweled, the mag.release, safety, extractor and trigger gold plated. Then I topped the build off with a full length Fagen stock.

It was beautiful.....:D

I had a .30 Carbine once that I had all of the tool marks smoothed off of the barrel, the bolt jeweled, the mag.release, safety, extractor and trigger gold plated. Then I topped the build off with a full length Fagen stock.

It was beautiful.....:D

Replacing the wood, jeweling the bolt, and polishing out the tooling marks is an entirely different story. That isn't gold plating the dust cover, trigger, forward assist, etc. That is gaudy, flashy and IMO makes the rifle look as if it's a cheap toy, rather than a functional piece of machinery.

If you "chrome plate" gun parts, they resist heat dissipation. What's the point?

No thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top