JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a offer to trade for the following Mark Morris custom built Para P-13 Commander with the following upgrades

Morris TKO rear sight & cross dovetail front sight
High grip beavertail grip safety (with bump)
Tactical ambidextrous safety
Match hammer and sear
Videcki match trigger
4-5# trigger job for carry
Morris Storm Lake stainless match barrel and bushing
Tighten slide to frame
Full length guide rod
All reliability work, including:
a) lower and flare ejection port
b) polish breech face
c) polish out mill marks inside of slide
d) modify slide to extract live round safely
e) throat barrel and polish feed ramp
f) extended ejector
g) polish, shape and adjust extractor
h) polish disconnector race
Bevel magwell
Radius all sharp edges
Black micarta grips
Protective crown on barrel
Steel Colt mainspring housing

See attached thumbnails for pics of the 1911

I would be trading my FN Hi Power for this with the followng

This gun was originally built by Jess Gypin from On target Customs

• Metalloy Satin Hard Chrome finish
• C&S Sear and Hammer installed
• C&S extended Slide Stop
• Custom front and back strap stippling
• Full tune and reliability package
• Install low mount combat Novak Sights.
• Two Tuned Mages
• 5.5 lb trigger job
• Mag safety removed
• Esmeralda two tone blond/red cocobolo grips

I recently sent the gun to renowned pistol smith Don Williams at the action works to have the following done. (Receipt Available)

• Trigger Job reduced trigger pull to 4.5 Lbs
• Install and sight in Novak 3-dot low mount combat night sights.
• Test fire and adjust as required.

Your Hi-power will is worth more. Even with all the custom work, on the Para. Your hi-power is harder to replace, if you ever decided to want one again. Seems like 1911s are all over the place. Nothing wrong with Morris's work. I just think you would regret it and want your hi-power back.

I have another Hi Power that I prefer to this one. So I can live with parting it... I think.

Morris work is top notch so I have no issues there

But are para's that bad seems no one likes them, I have had no personal experience with them

I love my P14-45 Limited. It is a great gun that eats anything and currently resides as my HD gun.

I have owned a P10-45. That thing was definately finicky and was selective about the ammo. I think they give more fit and finish and function attention to the Limited series, but that may be my imagination.

IMO...

Both guns are past what I call "practical personalization", moving into the subjectively esoteric, gun as art catagory... so true value is more in the eye of the beholder than in the dollars invested.

In other words, if it blows your skirt up, do the deal. It's only money. :winkkiss:

C

I never could get used to the wide-body 1911 frame. I had a p-13 for a good month before I traded it away for a single stack 1911.

In terms of the trade, I think I'd keep the gun you had done to your specifications. You know you like it, and the para (while obviously well done work) was done to someone else's specifications and its a crap shoot whether or not you'll like it as much.

I've owned two Paras couldn't get either to function properly even with multiple returns to repair. I'm sure with all the work done on this one, it should be reliable ? Would I trade ? No............

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top