JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On another forum I saw an AR pistol for sale, with two different mfg's upper and lower. The lower is from a manufacturer that makes rifles but NOT pistols, though you can also buy the lowers separately. So, I guess my question is HOW comfortable would you be in buying something like this without knowing the history of the lower? I personally built an AR pistol, but was confident the guy that sold me the lower bought it as a "receiver" and not as a "rifle" on the 4473, and had never assembled it.

If you buy it, get a bill of sale stating that it was bought as a pistol. Another option would be to send the serial # of the lower to the manufacture to see how it left the factory.

My $.02

SF-

Any more..I pretty much have a shoot a gun first before I buy it...so much crap out there...especialy AR15s...

I was mostly thinking about from a legality standpoint. But that would definitely be a concern with such a gun.

If you buy it, get a bill of sale stating that it was bought as a pistol.

That's a good idea, I wonder how well this would cover you.

Another option would be to send the serial # of the lower to the manufacture to see how it left the factory.

My $.02

SF-

This would only be pertinent in finding out that it HAD been a rifle correct? If it was transfered to a dealer as a receiver it could go any way from there.

I build lots of high quality ar 15's. I have two rra pistols if you look on the blank side of the receiver it says pistol only, this is because pistol lowers get registered as a pistol, you can re register a rifle lower as a pistol so make sure you ask what the receiver is registered as, if you want to build you're own go to rra they have the new ar pistol it's sweet.

I build lots of high quality ar 15's. I have two rra pistols if you look on the blank side of the receiver it says pistol only, this is because pistol lowers get registered as a pistol, you can re register a rifle lower as a pistol so make sure you ask what the receiver is registered as, if you want to build you're own go to rra they have the new ar pistol it's sweet.

Nothing is "registered" in Oregon, it is just sold as a pistol, rifle, or receiver.

As far as I know, no firearm can be changed from a rifle to pistol (with the thompson contender being an exception), a receiver can be built either way, but once a rifle, always a rifle.

YUP i agree with that. good point. sometimes it cheaper to build you're own, thats how i do all mine you get what you want (and dont have a night stand full of AR parts)
i just built a full dpms 16 inch H-bar A2 for $610.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top