JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We started brainstorming a potential event as something of a crossover from Rimfire Challenge to USPSA/3-Gun.

We would set up 2 or 3 - 2 gun stages on the Silhouette range. All guns would start off on barrels and you would advance from shooting box to shooting box with both pistol and rifle targets to engage. All steel, no round/mag limits, fastest time.

In the Tactical Shotgun Bay we would set up 2 plate racks for head to head pistol competition - drag race. Rimfire or center fire.

The Dynamic range would have 6 - 8" steel targets - 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (and maybe a 200) for a rimfire precision course. 1 shot at each target hit/miss.

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Would you want one match fee to cover all events 1x through or would you prefer ala cart (pay for just the things that interest you - shoot as many times as you want)

What's more important to you - low mach fees or prizes/awards? We could even do this as a fundraiser - any suggestions on a worthy recipient group?

Open to other thoughts and ideas.

Jan 26th is open on the DRRC calendar.

I'd prefer alacart as 2 gun rimfire sounds fun but prizes are nice as well and I'd probably want to compete in the other options so either way would work for me.

Great idea!!!

Heck yeah...this sounds super fun. Thinking it might be a decent intro to how things work on the USPSA side of things. I'm open to however you see fit to structure it.

As far as fundraising goes...I think a pro-2A charity that centers it's mission statement around kids would be a great thing, like maybe Derek LaBlanc's Kids S.A.F.E. Program. He's also a member here @LethalLovebird and is doing good things involving youth and firearms.

Kids S.A.F.E. Foundation

PS...as long as we can still do regular Rimfire challenges too:D

Last Edited:
We started brainstorming a potential event as something of a crossover from Rimfire Challenge to USPSA/3-Gun.

We would set up 2 or 3 - 2 gun stages on the Silhouette range. All guns would start off on barrels and you would advance from shooting box to shooting box with both pistol and rifle targets to engage. All steel, no round/mag limits, fastest time.

In the Tactical Shotgun Bay we would set up 2 plate racks for head to head pistol competition - drag race. Rimfire or center fire.

The Dynamic range would have 6 - 8" steel targets - 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (and maybe a 200) for a rimfire precision course. 1 shot at each target hit/miss.

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Would you want one match fee to cover all events 1x through or would you prefer ala cart (pay for just the things that interest you - shoot as many times as you want)

What's more important to you - low mach fees or prizes/awards? We could even do this as a fundraiser - any suggestions on a worthy recipient group?

Open to other thoughts and ideas.

Jan 26th is open on the DRRC calendar.
This looks like it would be a great event. I would be interested.
On the plate racks, I'd like to have the option of rimfire or center fire.
Low match fees preferred. Make enough money to improve the event as time goes.
Fundraiser: NRA, OFF, or some of the other 2nd Amendment organizations. Different one each time.
Not sure how the timing would work on this.....I like how rimfire moves along for everyone. Need to work out the bugs.
I like the idea of recognizing the winners with awards or certificates. I also like the raffle drawings. Part of this is would be to measure your self improvement. Run it a few times and request input and comments for improvement.
Rich

This looks like it would be a great event. I would be interested.
On the plate racks, I'd like to have the option of rimfire or center fire.
Low match fees preferred. Make enough money to improve the event as time goes.
Fundraiser: NRA, OFF, or some of the other 2nd Amendment organizations. Different one each time.
Not sure how the timing would work on this.....I like how rimfire moves along for everyone. Need to work out the bugs.
I like the idea of recognizing the winners with awards or certificates. I also like the raffle drawings. Part of this is would be to measure your self improvement. Run it a few times and request input and comments for improvement.
Rich

What do you mean by rim fire two gun?

I would like a stage (ie plate rack) where you could use either rim or centerfire. If it doesn't introduce unexpected complications.

Isn't there already a centerfire plate rack event (USPSA or something)?
I think part of the greater point here is to keep it rimfire to afford more people the opportunity to participate. Then, they can move up to the centerfire events if they like. USPSA and 3 Gun already run every month, and the RFC is only quarterly. I say keep it rimfire, and people can try out the other disciplines if they like what they see with this event.
One man's opinion...

So confused by practiscore. Still think this is a great idea

90FD2B38-7E28-47F6-B038-FB2F24F79872.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR