1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you bank here ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chee-to, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Wow. That is GREAT. I wish more places had signs and sentiments like this one.
  3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'd love to see some of those signs around here.
  4. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

If that bank was in WA I would so refinance my home and open up a credit card with these guys.

5. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

Not only yes but if it was local to me I would move my accounts there...I thinkthat rocks!
  6. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

This sign is meant to promote freedom for law-abiding American citizens, as well as intimidate potential robbers. How wonderful. If businesses want to keep criminals away from their businesses, they should post signs like this up on the wall, rather than "No Gun Signs", which only tell potential criminals that everyone in the business will be unarmed and easy pickings.
  7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

One day it might, but too far away from it.
  8. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

9. I want to find a generic version of these that I can purchase and put up on businesses in the middle of the night.
  10. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

I would not bank there tho....too scary. not because of the gun thing, but because it's Texas.
  11. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

i'd gladly bank there. they would have my personal, business and mortgage banking.

years ago i was in a bank that had just been robbed for the third time... by the same guy. i actually walked in just as he was exiting. i didnt notice a thing until getting inside and saw all the tellers just starting to get up from the floor. oddly enough they had a sign that stated something along the lines of "no weapons"...
  12. seattlewingsfan

seattlewingsfan Lakewood, Washington, United States Member

I am all for this. I would bank there in a heartbeat.

I asked a month or so ago at my bank. Key Bank. What their policy was on concealed carry since there is no signs on the doors. I was met with a puzzled, kinda scared look. She told me that If I held on for one second she would confirm and be right back. She turned around and picked up the phone to call her manager, I heard her say something about neutral position and RCW. Then she spun around and said, we abide by RCW code, please read and do what you deem necissary. Then as she is handing me my reciept.... the phone rings and it was her higher up manager calling her to to make sure she did not tell me that I could not carry in the bank. She said she was instructed to be neutral, tell me to read RCW, and to think about and ponder where I was. I told her thanks, and I know the RCW and can open carry with a gun on my leg in here if I want... just wanted to make sure employees were aware of the rules. amazing that my simple question induced a phone ladder of calls to higher ups to make sure they didn't tell me I couldn't. :)

This stemed from a friend that works at a bank telling me after a robbery, that she was shocked to find out in a company meeting that the guy didn't break a law till he actually drew his weapon. I think all people really need to know the laws even if they are not interested in carrying or not.

Sounds like a Go head to me. :)

On a side note I was at Carl's Jr with a friend. We both carry everyday. We were sitting a table and a elderly gentleman comes over to the table and whispers in my friends ear and sits down at his table. I said what did he want? He said it's showing... I said and...? my friend shrugged. When I got up I noticed he had a field target hat on. You would think somone into guns would know that WA is a open carry state.
  13. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

Absolutely! If I see one of those in this area, I'll quit my present bank and CU, and do all of my business there.
  14. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

15. MrB+

MrB+ Portland area Member

A guy at the company where my wife works was in a bank as it was robbed, couple months back, in Portland. Went through the experience of looking down the sights from the wrong direction and all.

I got to thinking, if you concealed-carry, the places you'd really want to have your weapon would be *at* the places bad actors go to practice their craft -- bars and banks, among others. Funny those are two of the places that often have rules against. As though the bad actors obey signs.

Still workinng up to being an A--