JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sign that is found at the Chappell Hill Bank in Texas.

3492f5c.jpg

<broken link removed>

This sign is meant to promote freedom for law-abiding American citizens, as well as intimidate potential robbers. How wonderful. If businesses want to keep criminals away from their businesses, they should post signs like this up on the wall, rather than "No Gun Signs", which only tell potential criminals that everyone in the business will be unarmed and easy pickings.

i'd gladly bank there. they would have my personal, business and mortgage banking.

years ago i was in a bank that had just been robbed for the third time... by the same guy. i actually walked in just as he was exiting. i didnt notice a thing until getting inside and saw all the tellers just starting to get up from the floor. oddly enough they had a sign that stated something along the lines of "no weapons"...

I am all for this. I would bank there in a heartbeat.

I asked a month or so ago at my bank. Key Bank. What their policy was on concealed carry since there is no signs on the doors. I was met with a puzzled, kinda scared look. She told me that If I held on for one second she would confirm and be right back. She turned around and picked up the phone to call her manager, I heard her say something about neutral position and RCW. Then she spun around and said, we abide by RCW code, please read and do what you deem necissary. Then as she is handing me my reciept.... the phone rings and it was her higher up manager calling her to to make sure she did not tell me that I could not carry in the bank. She said she was instructed to be neutral, tell me to read RCW, and to think about and ponder where I was. I told her thanks, and I know the RCW and can open carry with a gun on my leg in here if I want... just wanted to make sure employees were aware of the rules. amazing that my simple question induced a phone ladder of calls to higher ups to make sure they didn't tell me I couldn't. :)

This stemed from a friend that works at a bank telling me after a robbery, that she was shocked to find out in a company meeting that the guy didn't break a law till he actually drew his weapon. I think all people really need to know the laws even if they are not interested in carrying or not.

Sounds like a Go head to me. :)

On a side note I was at Carl's Jr with a friend. We both carry everyday. We were sitting a table and a elderly gentleman comes over to the table and whispers in my friends ear and sits down at his table. I said what did he want? He said it's showing... I said and...? my friend shrugged. When I got up I noticed he had a field target hat on. You would think somone into guns would know that WA is a open carry state.

years ago i was in a bank that had just been robbed for the third time... by the same guy.

A guy at the company where my wife works was in a bank as it was robbed, couple months back, in Portland. Went through the experience of looking down the sights from the wrong direction and all.

I got to thinking, if you concealed-carry, the places you'd really want to have your weapon would be *at* the places bad actors go to practice their craft -- bars and banks, among others. Funny those are two of the places that often have rules against. As though the bad actors obey signs.

MrB+
--
Still workinng up to being an A--

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR