JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I enjoyed it. Got my pistoleer.
I assume @Kimber Custom will do a write up on the appleseed forum or maybe here. Guessing holidays delayed him?

While I'm interested in KC's report, I'm more interested in the report of those who went through it as students. Can you please elaborate and give some details about the event for those of us that haven't taken it yet? Thanks!

While I'm interested in KC's report, I'm more interested in the report of those who went through it as students. Can you please elaborate and give some details about the event for those of us that haven't taken it yet? Thanks!

I think that it falls in perfectly for what they were aiming for. Something more hands on and fun then NRA basic pistol (have not taken going off what I'm told) but not so advanced that it's over the head of the new shooters. Though I have no formal pistol training prior to taking the course I consider myself a little more advanced I did enjoy myself and I picked up a couple things.
Sorry I'm not much of a writer.

Bottom line is I feel its worth taking if your a new shooter or if your experienced but just enjoy shooting then it's for you!

As a relatively new shooter i really enjoyed it. He hammered home a lot of good basics on building a good grip which i found very helpful. Did some work from compressed ready position which will be good for practice moving forward toward working on a good draw.

From my perspective it went quite well. Saturday was a larger group with 23 shooters - with only 3 instructors it ran a little slow but all instruction blocks were done in a reasonable order and pace. I think there was a good balance of instruction, coaching and shooting. 6 made Pistoleer - only 1 or 2 did it with a center fire pistol.

Sunday was a smaller group of 12 or 13 but a more 'typical' Appleseed crowd. As instructors, our confidence was much higher in our process and materials. We knew what kinds of issues we saw on Saturday and were able to get in front of them Sunday. 1 more shot score Sunday with a .22.

Generically the shooter feedback I've gotten has been good - but fairly limited. I have one detailed report from an instructor that was on the line but only 3 or 4 of the 30 that participated has sent me anything.

I'm expecting detailed write ups from the 2 instructors we flew in for the event but I haven't gotten that yet (I suspect T-day family stuff being the root cause).

All in all - I'm pleased with what we put out. I think there's some fine tuning but we are close to a public offering. I anticipate more public events in 2020.

From my perspective it went quite well. Saturday was a larger group with 23 shooters - with only 3 instructors it ran a little slow but all instruction blocks were done in a reasonable order and pace. I think there was a good balance of instruction, coaching and shooting. 6 made Pistoleer - only 1 or 2 did it with a center fire pistol.

Sunday was a smaller group of 12 or 13 but a more 'typical' Appleseed crowd. As instructors, our confidence was much higher in our process and materials. We knew what kinds of issues we saw on Saturday and were able to get in front of them Sunday. 1 more shot score Sunday with a .22.

Generically the shooter feedback I've gotten has been good - but fairly limited. I have one detailed report from an instructor that was on the line but only 3 or 4 of the 30 that participated has sent me anything.

I'm expecting detailed write ups from the 2 instructors we flew in for the event but I haven't gotten that yet (I suspect T-day family stuff being the root cause).

All in all - I'm pleased with what we put out. I think there's some fine tuning but we are close to a public offering. I anticipate more public events in 2020.

OK I'll make this easy:

1) How were things introduced?
2) What were some of the courses of fire?
3) What sort of targets were used?
4) What distances did you shoot from?
5) What were some of the things the instructors were teaching?
a. Grip?
b. Stance?
c. Trigger control?
d. All of the above?
6) How many rounds did you go through?
7) How long did the class last?
8) What score did you need to make "Pistoleer"?
9) What targets were used for scoring?
10) Anything else?

This what I meant when I asked for details.

Thank you for your consideration of this request!

Instruction was typical for Appleseed - instruction block, practice, another instruction block, practice. Everything is shot from the 7y line. The course is fundamental pistol instruction so we covered grip, stance, 6 steps to firing the shot (including sight alignment and trigger reset), NPOA etc. We went through around 275 rounds. 210/250 is Pistoleer on a 5 stage, 40 round course of fire. Proprietary Appleseed targets. Wish you could have been there - good times :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top