Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Would Socom 16 be on BANNED list?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Nero, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Nero

Nero Portland Member

I wanted to buy a Socom 16 from Springfield. Prices are insane right now but as I read the summary of the libtards proposed ban, my initial thought was it would not be banned. While it does have a detached magazine, it doesn't have any other "evil" features. The muzzle brake is not a flash hider, there is no pistol grip, bayo lug or grenade launcher.

Thoughts?

2. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

The Socom has the ability of accepting a magazine of greater than 10 rounds. From the text we can read and assuming that it goes through, that one fact might place it on the ban list.

This is just an educated guess and I could be reading it wrong...

3. Nero

Nero Portland Member

The FrankenFeinstein ban draft reduces 1994 evil features from 3 to 1. The ONE and only evil feature on Socom 16 is the fact it can take a detachable mag....unless I am getting something incorrect.

Or maybe the libtards will ban it simply because its black and looks mean...:bluelaugh:

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Yes

trainsktg and (deleted member) like this.
  5. mjbskwim

No

trainsktg and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Eventually every gun will be banned, so I vote yes.

7. mjbskwim

Worry all you want or just live your life.
    Buy what you want not what you think will be banned. Nobody knows what will be banned. Nobody has a crystal ball to tell us.
    There is just too much fear mongering going on.

Don't worry about it,buy what you want.

8. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Or, you could get a Garand.

Sorry, but that might actually be the future in design if it goes through. :(

9. mjbskwim

The Afghanies ran the Ruskies out with home made AKs and other antique rifles.
    The Garand would be just fine,if there is ammo to feed it

10. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Soviets were actually doing quite well keeping the mujahadeen in the Pakistani refugee camps until we sent them Stinger missiles which forced the Soviets to alter their air assault tactics. I was talking to a Russian emigre and told him in hind sight maybe we should have let them win that one... :)

As for the SOCOM, it will be on DiFi's banned list so you better get at least some magazines unless you like reloading twice as much... :)

11. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s Afghanis.....your average American couldn’t pack a Garand for over 20 minutes.......been a long long while since Americans have been third world tough. Most out of shape folks NEED AR's because they weigh as much as a Happy Meal