JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO using magazines suck to use on a shotgun, you can't leave them loaded it will deform the lips. I sold mine and stocking up on expensive mags is lame.

Kinda a solution to a non problem if ya ax me!
You loose a lot of the slick handling and swing through of the 870 when you convert to a detachable mag, and then there's the shift in balance, and finally, loaded capacity and removing the ability to ghost load it, which further costs you capacity, the loss of the ghost load being a biggy, not to mention having that big ol stick mag sticking out the bottom of the gun to snag on stuff!
With my 870 Super Mag "tactical" build, I have 9 rounds ( 2 3/4 shells) on tap including the ghost load, I retain all the slick handling and swing through, and with the advantage of being able to feed every type of shot shell from 2 1/2 all the way up to the 3 1/2 super mag shells!

Remember what a fighting shotgun is for, in close/tight where speed capacity and slick handling are king, your removing all that with this setup! I can see some folks making all sorts of cool guy tacticool builds out of these, and none make it any better then what the original 870 is famous for!

I haven't looked in a while, but check on replacement mag prices. Iirc, a couple of years ago they were unobtanium and those available were going for really high prices, like over $200. May have changed since though. I prefer conventional tube feed as others have said.

IMO using magazines suck to use on a shotgun, you can't leave them loaded it will deform the lips.
^^^This.

Plus they change the balance of the weapon and not in a good way. Might be all hunky-dory standing there bladed on the square range or busting dirt clods out in the woods but start working corner and barricade or around vehicles and you start to figure it out, awkward weapons suck, especially if you have to pump them, too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top