JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy a bear and cougar tag every year with my elk/deer.
I figure if I run into one during season I wouldn't hesitate to knock one down and harvest it.

But I don't really go out with intent on hunting them specifically.

I would love to, I just never get that much time with small kids

Screenshot_2020-03-30_201521.jpg

Good luck they have closed the spring bear and the youth turkey hunting

Spring bear hunters: The season has not been cancelled but tag sales deadline has been extended to May 1, so you have time to decide if you want to hunt or to delay your hunt. If you can't hunt due to COVID-19, you can get a refund and reinstatement of preference points. More details.

OP I *THINK* lives in Oregon (he never replied) and they haven't yet closed spring bear hunting. That said, he's not eligible anyway, because the application deadline was Feb. 10.

Spring bear hunters: The season has not been cancelled but tag sales deadline has been extended to May 1, so you have time to decide if you want to hunt or to delay your hunt. If you can't hunt due to COVID-19, you can get a refund and reinstatement of preference points. More details.

OP I *THINK* lives in Oregon (he never replied) and they haven't yet closed spring bear hunting. That said, he's not eligible anyway, because the application deadline was Feb. 10.
Yep I just was going through my emails and saw that one from WA so I think it will Cascade to more and more .:(

One very important point! You always want to be able to outrun your bear hunting partner.
Yep .
Guy survive a grizzly bear attack with 22 pistol.
How did he stop a grizzly with a 22 .
He didn't shoot the bear .
He shot his hunting partner in the knee and then he was able to out run the partner and the bear.

"Some say it's hard to run with the weight of gold; on the other hand I've heard said it's just as hard with the weight of lead,"

In S. Oregon Coast area try public land near Langlois. Those huckleberries are almost an inch in dia.; bears fight for their territory. Bring two fellow hunters to guard your six.

Bear hunting is easy you can do it almost anywhere you would find Deer and Elk the hard part is Bear finding followed by Bear shooting. In 45 years of Deer hunting I have seen two bear I could have shot and one would have been a 200yd shot with an open sight rifle so no attempt. Bear hunting is now by chance since they outlawed bait and dogs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top