JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, I've seen a few revolvers done in either spray coating (cera/duracoat) or matte blued. They never really looked right to me, but its all aesthetics. Won't add to the value, but likely won't detract either. Just remember, the more unique you have the gun done, the harder it will be to find someone to buy it should you ever decide to sell.

I would have to laugh at it and you if I saw it in person.
Well I probably wouldn't laugh at it and you but would probably to question your values. As stated before while not particularly collectible the BHs are traditionally styled guns and should be left as such. Go find some old junk Rohm or something similar to defile.

Last Edited:
S&W made some stealth hunters in green. Might give you an idea what one will look like if you do it.

caddfd53c05c52f8cc100fdfb722a002_zpsra1hnj0x.jpg

I once did a bead blast and blue on an old S&W model 10 for a customer. It had a uniform matte blue (black) look. The customer took one look at it, said I did a nice job, told me he should have listened to me in the first place, and paid me to properly polish it back to factory spec.

I'm not saying everyone will end up like that, it's just that there are some guns that look best polished and blued.

If you opt for a coating, cerakote is a much more durable and quality product in my experience.

Um...

No.

Sell it or trade it off to somebody who will give you a cheap gun to do it to. I'm with RV on this one.

Wild ideas typically aren't good ones after a bunch of thought is put into them. Have you seen the movie "The Hangover"? I haven't but I'm guessing there were a lot of "wild ideas" in that movie.

I have done this to a couple of pawn shop rescue revolvers that were pretty beat up & scratched (think drug behind a truck down a gravel road for a few miles). They turn out looking much better, but the cerakote does not hold up to the flame cutting action of the cylinder gap and wears off quickly in that area making it look weird.

I did my old Witness 45 with Duracote. I think it was combat gray or somthin. It's already starting to wear through on the slide and I don't use it much. Used one a those two part spray cans of the stuff.

IMG_0152_zpspcc599au.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads