JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Unfortunately it's an economic power house and could act as it's own country if it wanted.
I'd be OK with that...

California secession.jpg

Move to CA.JPG

It's something! System failure to raise your kids right maybe and systemic failure to aim for center mass.
Ya know, I'm sure we can all make good, center mass shots at the range but can we when SHTF?
That all appeared to go down pretty quickly. I say good on the citizen for making hits in such a close and quick action. :s0155:

My 2 cents, if I hear a couple of scumbags get shot for their actions... I'm gonna smile.

Unfortunately it's an economic power house and could act as it's own country if it wanted. Which is why it has as much sway as it does. If Texas had the economic power California did it might actually be able to back up all that secession talk.
There are several million legal gun owners in the state. There are a few brave hard working people who have tried to change things there. I have heard them lament that if they could get just a couple million gun owners to vote as a block? They could really make changes there. Problem there is just like here. Most gun owners could care less. They will not care until its too late and then they will blame everyone else while they sate on their hands.

There are several million legal gun owners in the state. There are a few brave hard working people who have tried to change things there. I have heard them lament that if they could get just a couple million gun owners to vote as a block? They could really make changes there. Problem there is just like here. Most gun owners could care less. They will not care until its too late and then they will blame everyone else while they sate on their hands.
That is partially the issue, the other issue is the industry that runs a state. Hollywood runs California and that will always be its source of power. And you're probably right, most won't care enough until it is too late.
What happens then is probably a lot shorter, less glorious, and more bloody than people probably like to imagine.

The issue with gun owners in California is the same trouble we have with them up here, just on a larger scale.

Too many of them can't be bothered to get off their metaphorical or literal asses and do something like write or phone their representatives or sign petitions to get pro-gun propositions on the ballot or even, just vote for pro-gun candidates. They always have some BS excuse for not doing anything.
But oh how they bubblegumitch when they run into anti gun regulations. :s0141:

I prefer to put more value into life than death.

I don't find much humor/joy in taking another human's life; much like I don't find much humor/joy in putting down a rabid dog. I personally find those with bloodlust to be mentally broken.

FWIW
r.e. The armed "shopper".:s0140:

Grape Street Crips from the Jordan downs in Watts, L.A(Los Angeles) wear Purple and Blue(Since they are Crips). Also a Gang which was originally a Crip set ..
Just looks like gang bubblegum to me. :s0109:

I prefer to put more value into life than death.

I don't find much humor/joy in taking another human's life; much like I don't find much humor/joy in putting down a rabid dog. I personally find those with bloodlust to be mentally broken.
And that's ok that you feel that way, just like it is also ok that some people (myself included) casually can laugh/enjoy when a perpetrator of a violent crime dies as result of trying to partake in that act.

Personally, I'd say a rabid dog deserves more sympathy than a criminal who dies during the commission of a violent crime, the rabid dog didn't have a choice, the criminal did.

Along a similar topic, in this country horse theft used to be a hangable offense. If it were up to me, we'd treat car theft the same way. You could say I have "blood lust" but from my viewpoint, it is simply a very pragmatic way to reduce car theft to nearly nothing at the expense of a few low-lifes who would be the examples.

And that's ok that you feel that way, just like it is also ok that some people (myself included) casually can laugh/enjoy when a perpetrator of a violent crime dies as result of trying to partake in that act.

Personally, I'd say a rabid dog deserves more sympathy than a criminal who dies during the commission of a violent crime, the rabid dog didn't have a choice, the criminal did.

Along a similar topic, in this country horse theft used to be a hangable offense. If it were up to me, we'd treat car theft the same way. You could say I have "blood lust" but from my viewpoint, it is simply a very pragmatic way to reduce car theft to nearly nothing at the expense of a few low-lifes who would be the examples.
At the least cut their balls off<---------I'll probably get in trouble for that again.

I suppose I look at such things as necessary evils, not exactly thrill makers that I take personal pleasure in.

That's the difference between duty and sadism.

Dude you really should stop being a dick to folks here.
When some pissing match gets going its always because some just can't seem to just hit next, ignore it, or if all else fails just completely ignore the poster all together. Hell this group is Romper Room compared to the old Usenet groups where there was no filtering. Never really could get my head around why some let it get too them so much. Don't like what someone is saying or how they are saying it? Skip over them, or if they really bother someone they can just filter them so they never see anything they write. :s0092:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads